The Nigerian Navy (NN) is a branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is factual that they are among the largest navies on the African continent, consisting of several thousand personnel, including the Coast Guard.
They were founded in 1956 after the amalgamation of the then Northern and Southern Nigeria with the motto “onward together”.
- Sumal Foods Limited Recruitment 2022
- Food Concept Recruitment 2022 Application
- Npower Recruitment Application 2022
- NNPC Recruitment Application 2022
The Nigerian Navy originated from the Nigerian Marine and its responsibilities include administration of the ports and harbors, dredging of channels, buoyage, and lighting.
The sub-organizations that carry out these responsibilities include;
● Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), which has the duty of running ports and making sure of safe navigation. They enforce regulations and laws concerning customs and train personnel before joining the force.
● Inland Waterways Department, which took the mantle in running of ferries and touring launches.
● Nigerian Navy Forces, which is made up of reserve Royal Navy officers and ex-service personnel. They basically train the personnel and set up the appropriate infrastructure necessary for the planned Navy.
They protect the Nigerian country against any threat within its territory, especially its boundaries that are bounded by water bodies of which pirates, militants, or enemies can launch attacks, that’s why they are called ‘the water armies’.
So, it is safe to say that those working in Nigerian Ports Authority and Inland Waterways Department are all part of the Nigerian Navy and as such considered as government workers.
The Nigerian Navy recruitment is ongoing and it is free of charge. The Nigerian Navy is a very crucial sector in the country Since it is a matter of national defense, only the best is usually absorbed with no sentiment involved.
There are various positions to apply for in the Nigerian Navy, we have departments such as Medical, Logistics, Seaman, Coast Guard, etc
● All applicants should be between 18-22 or 18 and 26 years for those with ND, NCE, Nurses, and Motor Transport Department (MTD) respectively
● Applicants should possess O’Level results with core subjects including English Language and Mathematics
● Applicants should have a first school leaving certificate
● You must be physically and mentally fit to do the job
● You must be a Nigerian Citizen
● All male applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres while female applicants must not stand at a height below 1.65 metres
● You must be single
● You must not apply if you have gone for an orthopedic surgery
● You must apply if you have any criminal history
● You must not apply if you are pregnant
● All certificates must be valid and original
How to Apply for the Nigerian Navy recruitment online
● Log onto www.joinnigeriannavy.com
● When portal comes up, click on the register
● Create an account using a valid email address. You must verify this email address
● Submit your application form with valid and clear credentials.
Best of Luck!!!