Green Habitat Initiative is a non-profit organization meaning they don’t operate for the purpose of making a profit. They are dedicated to promoting environmental sustainability in Nigeria.
They have the objective to support the promotion, adoption, and implementation of sustainable policies and frameworks in order to protect and conserve our environment.
The focus of this objective is on Sustainable Development Goals number 6 (clean water and sanitation for all), 11 (sustainable cities and commodities), and 13 (climate action).
They are involved in various projects with objectives ranging from improving lives and making the environment healthy and livable by living things.
They were incorporated in 2016 in Nigeria and have worked in various sectors such as environmental sustainability, urban planning, sustainable urban development, architecture, WASH, solid waste, management, recycling activities, environmental activism, etc.
GHI has worked with various local and international partners such as VINNOVA Group Sweden, French institute Nigeria, Energies 2050, Embassies of Germany, France and Czech, The Water Mechanics, Baze University.
Green Habitat Initiative is currently recruiting and these are positions available with their qualifications:
● Office Support Staff
They take calls, messages, schedule appointments, manage calendars, run errands, provide assistance to other departments as required.
The file, sort, copy and compile records on various activities like business transactions and office activities.
1. Fresh graduate with NYSC discharge letter
2. Must possess computer skills in various areas like desktop publishing, email, word processing, etc.
3. Ability to transcribe notes and take directions
● HR & Finance Assistant
The HR & Finance Assistant manages project human resources and office functions. They conduct recruitment, maintain personnel files and ensure smooth and efficient operations.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field 2. Minimum of two years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in office administration, including at least two years in human resources.
3. Fluency in English is required
4. Proficiency using Microsoft office suite and other related software
● Mechanical Engineering
A Mechanical Engineer would be responsible for the design and development of the water flow detection sub-system and make sure it meets the requirements.
They oversee the installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of such equipment as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a related field
2. At least three years of experience in working as an Engineer 3. Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills
● M & E Officer
They manage evaluation contracts and agreements, perform or assist in data collection, data entry, data validation, and data quality assessment.
They present and share M&E and research findings to internal project stakeholders in the assigned areas. They demonstrate a high level of professionalism when dealing
with sensitive and confidential documents and information, and with co-workers and partners.
1. Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics or related field
2. At least two years of directly relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation.
3. Strong spoken and written English skills