Did you know that according to statistics, a Quality Assurance specialist earns about $81,000 per year on average?
Quality Assurance specialists perform a number of duties and require certain competencies to excel in their careers. Although it comes with great pay, becoming a Quality assurance specialist or manager is no cakewalk.
It’s important you learn and understand the job description and structure your resume in such as way that it stands out amongst other job applications.
Follow us closely as we will be discussing Quality Assurance Job Description and how to write an eye-catching and job-winning resume.
Junior Accountant Job Description For CV
Article Road Map
Duties And Responsibilities Of A Quality Assurance Specialist
Quality Assurance specialists or managers are responsible for monitoring, inspecting methods used in production, and proposing measures to correct or improve a company’s final product to meet set quality standards.
As a specialist, your job description may vary based on the particular industry, primary tasks, duties, and competencies associated with ensuring that the product meets the established quality standards.
However, a Quality Assurance Specialist performs the following basic functions;
- Formulates quality assurance policies and procedures
- Interprets and implements quality assurance standards and procedures
- Evaluates the adequacy of quality assurance standards
- Ensures service compliance with company standards
- Devises sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Reviews the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
- Plans, conducts, monitors testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
- Investigates customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- Collects and compiles statistical quality data
- Finds out areas for improvement in the quality system by analyzing data
- Monitors risk management systems
- Coordinates and supports on-site audits conducted by external providers
- Prepares reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
11 Steps on How to Get your Dream job
Quality Assurance Education And Experience
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Certifications including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, and Six Sigma are an advantage
- Should have experience in quality inspection, auditing, and testing
- Be experienced with the implementation of corrective action programs
- Should have knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of QA
- Should have knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements
- Product or industry-specific experience
How To Improve Your Job Prospects
Top Skills And Competencies For A Quality Assurance Specialist
Quality Assurance specialists look after the manufacturing and service processes ensuring that they meet the company’s standards.
For a successful job performance here are the top 10 skills and competencies needed as a QA officer;
- Data analysis
- Sound judgment
- Decision-making skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Quality Orientation
- Communication skills (oral and written)
- Customer service skills
How To Write A Quality Assurance Resume
When it comes to job applications, the major challenge is competition. You would not be the only one applying for the job posting so it’s important that you create your resume in an eye-catching and professional manner.
This will impress the hiring manager which of course will work in your favor. Writing the perfect QA resume includes some important steps. They include;
1. Selecting A Proper Format
The format you choose determines how you arrange your details in the application. There are 3 common types of formatting;
- Reverse Chronological Format
- Functional Format
- Combination Format
Payroll Clerk Job Description For Resume
The functional and combination formats highlight your skills more than your work experience. They are particularly beneficial if you are a Quality Assurance Specialist with little or no work experience.
If you are more experienced, you can use the reverse-chronological format as it showcases work history or experience very well.
2. Drafting A Captivating Header
Your header contains your personal information and contact details. It should be at the top of your resume and should include your name, address, email, contact details, and social media links, if available.
3. Creating A Professional Summary
This section is where you succinctly summarize your skills, years of experience, and what you are interested in currently.
Your summary has to be appealing and yet professional describing why you are most suited for the position.
In your summary, mention only relevant achievements, include a short phrase about your goals, and highlight additional improvements you can bring to the company.
Legal Administrative Assistant Job Description (2022).
4. Listing Your Work Experience In A Reverse Chronological Order
Employers are most interested in this section so it’s necessary that you create an impressive work history section in your Quality Assurance resume.
Starting from the most recent;
- List the names of the companies you’ve worked at, the period you worked with them, and the position you held.
- If you made any achievements during your stay with each company, highlight them under the company name
- Using statistics and numerical data to state your accomplishments are always vital. Measure your accomplishments. By what percentage did the profits increase due to your input?
- Also include all internships, freelance, or part-time jobs you worked.
5. Mention Your Educational Qualifications
The education section is also crucial. Your academic qualifications help the recruiters to understand the technical prowess you have. In this section,
- List the names of the institutions you attended, the degrees you got, and the years you spent there.
- Include only relevant academic accomplishments
- Also, include your GPA.
6. Create An Impressive Skill Section
This is where you list your strengths and skills that make you unique and valuable. Employers look out for certain core competencies and skills when hiring to ensure that each selected candidate is able to contribute to the progress of the company or organization.
As a quality assurance specialist, you can include the following skills in your resume;
- Interpersonal skills
- Expertise in problem-solving
- Strong communication skills
- Inventory management
- Functional testing
- Well-versed in quality control and QA testing
- Adept in the knowledge of Windows, JAVA, and JIRI
Quality assurance is a very lucrative job and having a good understanding of the job description is important if it’s the career you have chosen.
With our guide, you will be able to create a perfect resume that will give you an edge in a pool of applicants.
We hope this article has been helpful. Kindly share and comment in the section below.