National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration (NAFDAC) is a federal government agency in Nigeria in charge of regulating the food and drugs are circulated in Nigeria.
NAFDAC regulates and controls the manufacturing, importation, exportation, distribution, advertisement, sales, and use of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical substances, bottle or sachet water, chemicals, and detergents in Nigeria.
NAFDAC has 6 main divisions; namely Druga and Medical Device, Veterinary, Narcotics, Vaccine and Biologics, Herbals and Cosmetics, and Chemicals.
NAFDAC as a branch of the federal government handles several responsibilities and therefore recruits new workers.
NAFDAC application form is online and free although the application form is not yet out.
Information on NAFDAC recruitment will be published on the NAFDAC portal but before that this article will prepare you for the requirements and how to apply once the application form comes out.
- NDLEA Recruitment Application Form 2022
- Innoson Vehicle Recruitment 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment Application Form
Article Road Map
Functions of NAFDAC
- NAFDAC prohibits the sale of counterfeit or fake drugs and unwholesome processed foods.
- NAFDAC also prohibits the sale and distribution of counterfeit, adulterated, banned, substandard or expired drugs and food products.
- NAFDAC prohibits the sale of certain foods, drugs, and cosmetics.
- NAFDAC regulates the manufacture, sale, and advertisement of food, drugs, cosmetic and medical devices.
- NAFDAC prohibits the manufacture, sale, distribution, and advertisement of unregistered food, drug, drug product, cosmetic, medical product, or packaged water.
- NAFDAC also regulates the manufacture, importation, exportation, advertisement, sale, or distribution of processed food, drugs, medical products, chemicals, and bottled or sachet water.
NAFDAC has 10 subdivisions under the Director-General Office; namely:
- Public Affairs
- NAFDAC Training and Research Institute (NT&RI)
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Procurement, Internal Audit
- One-Stop Investment Centre (OSIC)
- Quality Management System (QMS)
- WHO-Global Benchmarking Program
- Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Units.
NAFDAC Recruitment Requirement 2022
To be selected for this job, they are some requirements you need to meet.
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control has outlined that applicants who do not qualify for this job should not apply because they are automatically disqualified.
- You should reside and be a Nigerian citizen by birth
- You should possess WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB certificates.
- You should have BSc/HND in any related course
- You must have participated in National Youth Service Corps (N.Y.S.C)
- You must be between 18-35 years old.
- You must be medically, physically, and psychologically fit with medical proof
- If you have any form of disability do not apply.
- You must print out the Local Government Attestation Form.
NAFDAC Recruitment 2022 Educational Qualification
To apply at NAFDAC recruitment for any of the positions listed, you must have the following:
- Possession of B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND in any related course
- Must be between 18 to 35 years old
- West African Examination School Certificate (WAESC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with at least five credits; or
- National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE)
- National Diploma (ND) in any related course
- Computer literate and knowledge of computer software
Positions for NAFDAC Recruitment 2022
There are different job positions available in NAFDAC recruitment 2022 that you can apply for once you meet their requirements; they are:
- Product Registration and Regulation Officer
- Port Inspection Officer
- Facility Inspection Officer
- GMP Inspections Officer
- Laboratory Analysis and Research Officer
- Compliance & Enforcement Officer
- Pharmacovigilance & Post Market Surveillance Officer
- Consumer Safety Officer
NAFDAC Recruitment Application 2022
The application form for NAFDAC recruitment is free and can be gotten online on the NAFDAC recruitment portal.
Do not apply twice on the NAFDAC recruitment platform if not you will be disqualified automatically.
To apply you need to visit the NAFDAC recruitment portal and follow these simple steps:
- Visit NAFDAC portal
- Sign up with an active email
- Fill out the application form with correct details
- Upload your photograph
- Upload required documents
- Verify your details
- Submit your application form
Applicants that are selected will be notified through their mailbox by NAFDAC and would have to be present at the interview or screening process.
NAFDAC Recruitment Salary Expectation 2022
The salary of a NAFDAC staff might be one of the reasons why you are so interested in applying at NAFDAC.
All organizations in the Federal Health Ministry including NAFDAC receive salaries using the Consolidated Research and Allied Institutions Salary Structure (CONRAISS) salary scale.
As a new entry-level employee, you will earn lower than other experienced old workers.
Although the amount of money earned by the new employees is expected to increase with promotion, years of work experience, and educational qualification.
The estimated salary earned by new entry workers at NAFDAC is between ₦ 70,000 to ₦ 90,000 monthly.
Besides the regular salaries of NAFDAC employees, they are entitled to extra allowances and the more promotion you get, the greater your payment will be.
Although these allowances depend on certain criteria such as year, location, the position occupied, work experience, etc.