If you want to work with the West Africa Examination Council, then this article is for you.
Before you can be selected for the job, you would need to know about WAEC, WAEC 2022 recruitment requirements, and qualifications before applying.
- NDLEA Recruitment Application Form 2022
- Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) Recruitment 2022
- Guarantee Trust Holding Company GTCO Recruitment 2022 Application
West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) is a West Africa exam board that determines the examinations required in the public interest of the English-speaking West African countries, to
conduct examinations, and award certificates equivalent to examining authorities internationally.
They only operate in English-speaking countries of West Africa which are Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, The Gambia, and Sierra Leone.
Annually, the WAEC council conducts the different types of exams, some are:
- International examinations
- National examinations
- Examinations conducted with other examining bodies
- Examinations conducted on behalf of other examining bodies
The core values of the WAEC board are Excellence, Integrity, Professionalism, Accountability, Transparency, Teamwork, and Innovativeness.
In the WAEC council, Nigeria is represented by 12 members, 5 of whom were nominated by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
The WAEC council is responsible for determining examinations in West Africa and conducting such examinations and awarding certificates.
The WAEC council carries out its function through these committees:
- The International Administrative and Finance Committee
- The International Examinations Committee
- The International Appointments Committee
- The International Tenders Board
- The National Committee(s)
The WAEC council has well-trained and qualified staff across states and is not limited to Nigeria and they still recruit new staff regularly.
Article Road Map
Eligible States for WAEC 2022 Recruitments
Applicants from the following states can apply for WAEC recruitment:
- Akwa Ibom
- Cross rivers
WAEC 2022 Recruitment Requirements
For you to be eligible to apply for WAEC recruitments, you have to meet the following requirements:
- You must be a Nigerian citizen by birth
- You must be a computer literate
- You must have a birth certificate
- You must be between the ages of 18 to 35 years
- You must be mentally and physically fit
- You must have medical records
- You must have valid means of identification
- You must have local government identification
- You must have a minimum of three years of experience
- Your heights must no bet less than 1.65 meters for males applicants and 1.60 meters for females applicants.
- You must have three referrals
- You must submit your former employer details
The requirements listed above play a major role in WAEC recruitments application and must be taken seriously.
WAEC 2022 Recruitment Educational Qualification
There are some certain educational qualifications that you need to present while applying, they are:
- Primary school leaving certificate
- NYSC discharge certificate
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related courses
- Secondary school leaving certificate or West Africa Examination Certificate
WAEC 2022 Recruitment Application Form
WAEC recruitment application form is free and can be gotten online through the WAEC portal.
Currently, WAEC recruitment 2022 official portal is opened to receive applications from interested applicants.
So to apply for the recruitment, you would need to visit the official recruitment portal and submit your application.
With these simple steps, you will find the WAEC recruitment application process easier:
- You need to fill in the fields on the WAEC website’s homepage.
- Sign up with an active email address
- Input personal details correctly
- Select a preferred position from the different positions available
- Upload professional photograph passport
- Upload all required documents. Do not upload fake documents because for the interview you would be required to bring them along.
- Make sure you verify details your details
- Submit application form
The portal will be closed once the application time is over and successfully selected applicants will be invited for an interview and screening through your mail.
The selection process is usually transparent, free, and not influenced by external organizations.
WAEC 2022 Recruitment Salary Structure
The WAEC council pays their staff salaries and allowances on time every time. Their salary is more than the minimum wage here in Nigeria.
The minimum salary for WAEC staff is 50,000 with other additional allowances. For an examination officer, the minimum salary is 100,000 with allowances.
And as with other organizational jobs, your salary increases as you get promoted over time.
Point of entry salaries depends on the educational qualifications and years of work experience.
WAEC 2022 Recruitment Closing Date
Currently, the closing date for the WAEC recruitment application form has not been announced. Applicants are advised to submit their application forms through the recruitment portal on time before the closing date is announced.
Stay connected for all related information.
Have a great day.