Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and TotalEnergy Upstream Companies in Nigeria (TUCN) invite eligible Nigerian undergraduate students to apply for NNPC/Total national merit scholarship 2022.
This article provides all the information needed to apply for NNPC/ Total national merit scholarship.
As part of NNPC and TUCN corporate social responsibility, this scholarship scheme is aimed at promoting academic excellence and quality manpower development in Nigeria.
- Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2022
- 2022 Agbami Undergraduate Scholarship Nationwide Form
- MTN Scholarship Scheme For Blind Students (SSBN)
- Federal Scholarship Board Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship 2022
The NNPC/Total national merit scholarship is open to Nigerian undergraduates at 100 levels and 200 levels irrespective of the course of study.
This scholarship scheme provides annual scholarship grants for selected candidates from their 100 level or 200 level till completion of their degree.
Article Road Map
- NNPC / Total National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022 Criteria
- NNPC / Total National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022 Eligibility
- NNPC / Total National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022 General Requirement
- NNPC / Total National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022 General Procedure
- NNPC / Total National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022 Application
- NNPC/Total National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022 Deadline
NNPC / Total National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022 Criteria
These criteria are implemented in the NNPC/Total national merit scholarship scheme:
- The NNPC/Total national merit scholarship scheme provides educational assistance for undergraduate students in accredited Nigeria universities
- All matriculated undergraduate regular students in their first or second year of study can apply for the scholarship tests
- All candidates must supply their matriculation numbers and other necessary information from their universities before they apply
- No scholarship is awarded to part-time or sandwich programs students
- The grant is made to only those who are not under similar scholarships
- The grant is based on the result of a selection test to be administered by a National Examination body like WAEC
- The scholarship grant is effective for the current session and renewable for the remaining duration of the students’ program
- The grant is only renewable upon the presentation of academic performance of a CGPA of not less than 2.5 on a 5 point scale from the previous academic session
- All awardees shall open an account in a Nigerian bank in their own name to receive the scholarship grant.
NNPC / Total National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022 Eligibility
To be eligible to apply for NNPC/Total national merit scholarship, you must:
- Be a full-time undergraduate in an accredited Nigerian University
- Be a certified 100 or 200 level student at the time of application
- Show proof of SSCE or WASCE Certificate.
- Show proof of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) score.
- Show proof of Admission letter from the University and Matriculation Number
- Show proof of A-level Certificate for direct entry students
NNPC / Total National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022 General Requirement
The general requirements you need to meet before you apply for NNPC/Total national merit scholarship include:
- You must have a score of 200 and above in UTME or JAMB
- You must have at least 2.50 CGPA on a 5-point scale
- You must be a 100 level or 200 level student
- You must not be under any similar scholarship scheme
NNPC / Total National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022 General Procedure
- The call for submission of applications is publicized in the national daily newspaper and the Total website.
- All Scholarship awards are by merit selection after the student passes the selection tests.
- The application process is online
- A national Examination body conducts and marks the selection examination and provides the results of the test
- The student verification exercise is carried out from time to time for students on the scholarship scheme.
- An Award letter signed by the Deputy Managing Director of TUCN is the sole evidence of the commitment of TUCN to the student.
- The student beneficiary must return a fully signed Acceptance Form
- Payment of the award is strictly into the beneficiary’s personal bank account. The first payments shall be made within two months of the award while other payments shall be made depending on the CGPA result of the student.
- Beneficiaries are strictly first or second-year students of tertiary institutions and must have completed all admission processes
- No changes in the course of study are accepted for NNPC/Total scholarship scheme
- The National Merit Scholarship award is non-transferable and non-extendable.
- A 4-week period is allowed for the submission of applications
- Award letters are issued upon approving successful candidates
- Student bank account and data details are confirmed for selected candidates
- The successful candidates’ profiles are captured in the database
- An induction program will be held for the new student beneficiaries
- For student beneficiaries, payment is N150,000 per Student per Academic Year.
NNPC / Total National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022 Application
NNPC/Total National merit scholarship scheme 2022 application is best used on IE9+, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari web browsers.
The application process is easy and free of charge.
The steps to follow to apply for the NNPC/Total National merit scholarship is as follows:
- Personal Information
Enter your name, date of birth and permanent home address.
Upload your recent passport photograph.
- Contact Information
Enter your email address and mobile phone number. Only use an active email and mobile phone number.
- State of Origin
Enter your state and local government of origin data. You are required to upload a certificate of local government identification.
- Details of admission
Select your university, course and year of study. You will be required to upload your JAMB and University admission letter.
- Result Information
Put in your JAMB score and CPGA. You are also required to upload your JAMB statement of result and university CPGA.
- Verify details
Verify your application and ensure all details are correct. Upload all the documents required:
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Certificate of Origin
- Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE)
- UTME result
- JAMB/University Admission Letter
- 1st Year Result showing CGPA
Ensure you entered details correctly because a false statement can disqualify you from the scholarship scheme.
Accept terms and condition of the scholarship and submit.
You will receive an on screen and email alert for successfully completing the application process.
NNPC/Total National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022 Deadline
The NNPC/Total national merit scholarship application portal closes in October.
Selection tests will hold in December 2022 or January 2023, at designated centers across the country which will be communicated to selected candidates only.
Choose a test center closest to you and prepare for the test with past questions available.
Have a great day.