The origin of ETA is any group of words that start with an “E”, a “T” and an “A”!
This article provides all information on ETA available and the different meanings of the acronym.
The three most common and most popular meaning of ETA is also explained in this article.
Article Road Map
ETA- Estimated Time of Arrival
In the transportation system, shipping, and corporate industry, ETA is commonly used.
The estimated time of arrival (ETA) is the expected time at which a certain vehicle will arrive at its destination.
It is a transportation term that defines the time for an aircraft, automobile, ship, or emergency service to reach its destination.
This term is used to inform passengers about the remaining period of time when certain transport is supposed to arrive or is supposed to reach a certain destination.
ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) is also used to inform recipients about the estimated date when they will receive certain cargo or mail delivery.
A common use of the phrase is in public transportation whereby the movements of trains, buses, and airplanes can be used to generate estimated times of arrival depending on a static timetable or through measurements of traffic intensity.
Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) is often used with its complement, estimated time of departure (ETD), which indicates the expected time of departure for a particular journey.
ETA- Basque Euskadi Ta Askatasuna
In European history, ETA is an abbreviation of Basque Euskadi Ta Askatasuna which means Basque Homeland and Liberty.
They were a terrorist group trying to gain independence from Spain.
Basque separatist organization in Spain that used terrorism in its campaign for an independent Basque state.
ETA grew from the Basque Nationalist Party, founded in 1894, and managed to survive, though illegally, under the fascist regime of Francisco Franco by maintaining its headquarters in exile in Paris and staying out of sight in Spain.
In 1959, some youth members formed ETA due to the party’s consistent rejection of armed struggle.
During the next few years, this ETA organization developed groups with Marxist positions and revolutionary socialism was their goal.
In 1966, the organization was divided by ideas into two wings; the “nationalists,” or ETA-V, who followed the traditional goal of Basque, and the “ideologists,” or ETA-VI, who favored a Marxist-Leninist type of Basque independence and were engaged in sabotage and assassination.
The Franco regime attempted to crush ETA in the Basque provinces with severe arbitrary arrest, beatings, and torture.
From 1969 to 1970, the foundational leaders had been rounded up and subjected to military trials in the city of Burgos.
ETA- Employment and Training Administration
The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) is part of the U.S. Department of Labor.
Its mission is to provide training, employment, labor market information, and income maintenance services for the public.
ETA administers federal government job training, worker dislocation programs, federal grants, public employment service programs, and unemployment insurance benefits.
ETA provides these services through state and local workforce development systems.
The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) agency was at first called the Manpower Administration when it was founded in 1954.
It was given its present name in 1975 and it remains so till date.
Programs administered by ETA include but are not limited to:
- Career Advancement Accounts Program
- Community-Based Job Training Grants Program
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance Program
- Federal Bonding Program Program
- Foreign Labor Certification Program
- High Growth Job Training Grants Program
- Indian and Native American Job Training Program
- Job Corps Program
- Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker Job Training Program
- National Emergency Grants Program
- One-Stop Career Centers Program
- Occupational Information Network Program
- Registered Apprenticeship Program
- Senior Community Service Employment Program
- Trade Adjustment Assistance Program
- Unemployment Insurance Program
- Wagner-Peyser Act Program
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Workforce Innovation in Regional Economic Development Program
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Adult Job Training Program
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Dislocated Worker Program
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Youth Job Training Program
- Youthbuild Program
Other ETA Acronyms and Meaning
Apart from the Estimated Time of Arrival, Euskadi Ta Askatasuna, and Employment Training and Administration, ETA also has other meanings.
- ETA – Electronic Travel Authority
- ETA – Exploring the Arts
- ETA – Electronic Transaction Association
- ETA – Elvis Tribute Artist
- ETA – The Edinburgh Transgender Alliance
- ETA – Estação de Tratamento de Água (Portuguese: Water Treatment Plant)
- ETA – Ethanolamine (organic chemical compound)
- ETA – Electronics Technicians Association
- ETA – European Technical Approval
- ETA – Environmental Transport Association
- ETA – The Ecdysiast Training Academy
- ETA – Edited To Add
- ETA – Educational Theatre Association
- ETA – Executive Trade Associates
- ETA – Educational Therapy Assistant
- ETA – Effluent Transformation Agent
- ETA – Easy Tech Answers
- ETA – Essential Tactical Advantage
- ETA – Extra-Terrestrial Alien
- ETA – Estimated Time Allocation
- ETA- Enterprise Transaction Analysis
- ETA – EOOW Training Assistant
- ETA – Electronics Test Area
- ETA – External Tank Attack
- ETA- Evan Terry Associates
- ETA- European Tropospheric-Scatter Army
- ETA- Engineering Technical Assistant
- ETA – Earthville Travel Adventures
- ETA- Electro-Thermal Atomizer
- ETA – Emirate Trading Agency
- ETA- Exception Time Accounting
- ETA – Engineering Task Assignment
- ETA – Estimated Time for Accomplishment
- ETA – Erosion Transport Accumulation
- ETA – Ellenville Teachers Association
- ETA – Electronic Target Acquisition
- ETA – Emergency Transport Attendant
- ETA – Eastern Training Area
- ETA – Enterprise Transaction Archive
- ETA – Engineering Test Article
- ETA – Extraterrestrial Artifact
- ETA – Etnoteam Adriatica
- ETA – Estimated Time Available
- ETA – E-Sektionens Teletekniska Avdelning
- ETA – Electronic Test Automation
- ETA- Eelam Tamil Association
- ETA – Emergency Towing Arrangement
- ETA – Engineering Technologies Academy
- Extraterrestrial Activity
- ETA – Emergency Tire Assistance
- ETA – External Tank Attachment
- ETA – Engineering Technologies Associates
- ETA- Eternal Allegiance
- ETA – Event Tracking Agent
- ETA – Elgin Teachers Association
- ETA – Esteem Team Association
- ETA – Energy Technology Assessment
- ETA- Experimental Test Accelerator
- ETA – Embedded Transport Acceleration
- ETA – Eesti Teadeteagentuur
- ETA – Evangelische Theologische Academie (Dutch: Evangelical Theological Academy)
- ETA – Experience the Adventure
- ETA- European Tugowners’ Association
- ETA – Elektrotechnische Apparate GmbH
- ETA – Estaciones de Tiempo Automatizadas
- ETA – Estimated Transmitting Ability
- ETA – Explosive Transfer Assembly
- ETA – Expected TurnAround
- ETA – Elegance, Technology Accuracy
- ETA – Extension Travel Adjustment
- ETA – Exact Time of Arrival
- ETA – Energy Tax Act
- ETA – Entertainment Technology Alliance
- ETA – Embroidery Trade Association
- ETA – Executive Travel Associates
- ETA – Expected Time of Accomplishment
- ETA – Electronic Transportation Acquisition
- ETA – Effective Tax Administration
- ETA – Environmental Test Article
- ETA – Enhanced Trusted Agent
- ETA – Efficiency, Transparency, and Accountability
- ETA – Environmental Technical Assistance
- ETA – Electronic Travel Aid
- ETA – Eu Te Amo
- ETA – Evangelical Training Association
- ETA – Egyptian Tourist Authority
- ETA- Eicosatetraenoic Acid
- ETA- Enterprise Technical Architecture
- ETA- Equal Treatment Act
- ETA- European Thyroid Association
- ETA- Ethiopian Teachers Association
- ETA- Event Tree Analysis
- ETA- Extract, Transform, Load
- ETA- Electronic Tax Administration
- ETA- Enfield Tennis Academy
- ETA- Electronic Transfer Account
- ETA- Extremely Thin Absorber
- ETA- Exfioliative Toxin A
- ETA- Early Termination Fee
- ETA- English Teachers Association
- ETA- English Teaching Assistantship
Have a great day..