Online Therapy is a session of therapy that they carry out via email, chat room, video call, telephone, or any online platform.
Most people find it difficult to have physical therapy, but the introduction of online therapy sites makes it more private, affordable, and convenient.
Online Therapy sites have proved effective during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
It has also made it possible for people who have a tight schedule to get mental health care.
Article Road Map
- Criteria For The Top Online Therapy Sites
- Top 10 Online Therapy Sites
- 1. BetterHelp
- 2. Talkspace
- 3. Calmerry.com
- 4. Online-Therapy.com
- 5. PrideCounseling.com
- 6. Regain.us
- 7. TeenCounseling.com
- 8. FaithfulCounseling.com
- 9. DeafCounseling.com
- 10. ChoosingTherapy.com
Criteria For The Top Online Therapy Sites
It would be best to consider essential criteria before choosing an online therapy site.
Some of the criteria for top online therapy sites include:
- Mental health professionals who are all licensed psychotherapists, psychologists, or psychiatrists
- A simple signup process
- Positive customer feedback
- Flexible payment options and fees
- A range of subscription options and services
- Insurance coverage
- Financial assistance
- Therapists with a wide range of expertise, including anxiety, depression, trauma, relationship issues, substance use, grief, and eating disorders
Top 10 Online Therapy Sites
There are top 10 online therapy sites. These sites include:
BetterHelp is one of the top 10 online therapy sites available. They have an excellent, easy-to-navigate, online treatment service that will fit most people’s medical needs.
It has a high overall customer satisfaction level for users that have undergone a survey and depending on its location; it can often have lower registration costs than other companies.
BetterHelp has the largest network of qualified therapists and a user-friendly platform. It’s easy to switch therapists and cancel your plan. Plus, the company provides financial assistance to eligible individuals.
They have platforms like audio, chat, messaging, and video
BetterHelp’s licensed psychologists, clinical social workers, and marriage and family therapists offer help to people in the area:
- Eating disorders
- Life transitions
Benefits Of BetterHelp
The benefits of Better help include:
- Therapist bios displayed on the website before signup
- All therapists are licensed
- Multiple communication methods are available
Downsides Of BetterHelp
The downsides of Better help include:
- No medication management services
- No free trial
Read also: Animal Massage Therapist Career Overview
Talkspace is among the top 10 therapy online sites.
It includes psychiatric treatment, medication management, treatment for couples, and youth therapy.
Talkspace offers a variety of communication options with your therapist, including video, audio, live chat, and unlimited messages.
Benefits Of Talkspace
The benefits of Talkspace include:
- Medication management services are available
- Multiple subscriptions options with varying price tiers
- Other insurance-paid services
- Free 10-minute introductory call or live video chat with the therapist when you sign up
Downsides Of Talkspace
The downsides of Talkspace include:
- You can only choose a therapist from algorithm-selected matches
- Additional services are expensive
- No therapist data on the website before signup
Calmerry.com is one of the top 10 online therapy sites, fast climbing to the top of the list.
These professionals will provide guidance and support on various mental-health-related issues.
These include anxiety, grief, stress, depression, and much more. The platform is easy-to-use, innovative, and user-oriented.
Benefits Of Calmerry.com
The benefits of Calmerry.com include:
- Therapists specialize in treating a wide range of mental health issues
- The customer support team is friendly and is always ready to help
- You can switch therapists for free and cancel any time
- Free Trial for all New Clients
- An excellent option for clients who want to get value for their money
- Fully licensed therapists with many years of experience
Downsides Of Calmerry.com
The downside to Calmerry.com include:
- They do not accept insurance
- It is a new online therapy platform which translates to little experience
Online-Thearpy.com offers an original approach to online therapy, making it one of the top 10 online therapy sites available.
It has licensed and trained professionals under its service. You can get the opportunity to talk with licensed seasoned counselors.
Benefits Of Online-Therapy.com
The benefits of Online-Therapy.com include:
- Affordable online therapy
- Free 24/7 Chat with volunteers and listeners
- It allows you to grow and progress at your own pace
- Available Group support sessions
Downsides To Online-Therapy.com
The downside to Online-Therapy.com is that newcomers might be confused about how to start.
PrideCounseling.com is one of the top 10 online therapy sites for gays and lesbians.
They are well-trained, understanding, friendly, and, most importantly, licensed and HIPAA compliant. It offers its services at a flat fee subscription of $65 per week.
It provides the LGBTQ+ community with the support they need. All the professionals are aware of the issues that the members of the LGBTQ+ community suffer daily.
It includes unlimited text, audio, and video messaging and one weekly live session.
Benefits Of PrideCounseling.com
- The benefits of PrideCounseling.com include:
- Live chat and sessions available
- Specializes in all mental health issues of the LGBTQ+ community
- Affordable, with available financial aid to those who are eligible
- Easy and accessible treatment via phone, laptop, or tablet
Downsides Of PrideCounseling.com
The downside of PrideCounseling.com include:
- Lengthy questionnaire when signing up
- Matching with a therapist can take up to 24 hours.
Regain is considered one of the top 10 online therapy sites for couples.
Its counselors have accredited psychologists and licensed marriage and family therapists with at least 2000 hours of hands-on therapy experience. It offers a safe space for you and your partner with the ability to talk privately to the therapist.
They can address a wide array of challenges in the relationship, from communication issues to infidelity and trust.
Benefits Of Regain.us
The benefits of Regain.us include:
- They focus on couple’s therapy and problems
- There is no extra fee if it is a couple or an individual in the sessions
- Couples can attend therapy even when they are not physically in the exact location
- Live sessions are encouraged and available
Downside Of Regain.us
The downside of Regain.us include:
- No live customer support
- No 3-way live video sessions are available
- Some therapists reply after 24 hours
TeenCounseling is one of the top 10 online therapy sites for Parent, Teenager & Child Counseling.
They have professional therapists with the experience needed to deal with issues like self-esteem, bullying, eating disorders, stress, and anxiety.
They focus on treating individuals that are between 13 and 19 years.
Benefits Of TeenCounseling.com
The benefits of TeenCounseling.com include:
- The sessions are confidential
- Counselors are well-equipped to deal with teen-related issues
- There is privacy for teens and their therapists
- Live sessions are available on-demand or as a part of the plan
- There is a provision to attend the therapy as a parent with no extra charge
- Various communication methods with live sessions
Downsides Of TeenCounseling.com
The downsides of TeenCounseling.com include:
- The platform will not provide a diagnosis.
- It does not fulfill court orders.
Read also: How Do You Write Blogs?
FaithfulCounseling.com is one of the top 10 online Christian-based therapy sites.
They have a massive team of psychiatrists and psychologists who offer the support and aid you might need.
Faithful Counseling has various mental and physical health services catering to Faith-based Counseling.
They also have free mental health assessments through the screening tool. It will not take more than a few minutes to finish.
Benefits Of FaithfulCounseling.com
The benefits of FaithfulCounseling.com include
- Upfront and transparent pricing
- Effective medication management and emotional support
- 24/7 availability
- Plenty of options to get the help you need
- Free screening tool available
Downside Of FaithfulCounseling.com
The downside of FaithfulCounseling.com include:
- No email or chat customer support
- There are minor delays in replies from support
- Video chat is the only option
DeafCounseling.com is one of the top 10 online therapy sites for the deaf & Hearing Impaired.
They carry out all therapy sessions in sign language, so there’s no need for interpreters.
Unlike other online counseling platforms, they accept many insurance plans, Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), pro bono and sliding scale options, Victim Compensation, and Vocational Rehabilitation Vouchers.
DeafCounseling.com offers a unique online counseling platform where all its therapists are Deaf.
Benefits Of DeafCounseling.com
The benefits of DeafCounseling.com include:
- Accepting many insurance plans, EAPs, and vocational rehabilitation programs
- Sliding fee scale available
- They are LBGTQ friendly
- 100% confidential, HIPAA-compliant
- They offer In-office sessions or videophone and web-based therapy
Downside Of DeafCounseling.com
The downside of DeafCounseling.com include:
- No listed prices on the website
- No 24/7 Support
ChoosingTherapy.com is one of the top 10 online therapy sites where all information regarding mental health should be available for everyone and for free.
ChoosingTherpay.com offers access to plenty of therapists with different specialties. You can directly book an appointment after finding the best fit for you.
Therefore, it provides a massive library of articles, guides, and therapy techniques that you can access for free. You can view all therapists’ profiles, including all the information you might need to make an educated decision.
Benefit Of ChoosingTherapy.com
The benefit of ChoosingTherapy.com is that they have a quick appointment status.
Downside Of ChoosingTherapy.com
The downside of ChoosingTherapy.com include:
- They do not accept insurance companies
- They are not yet accessible in all states
- They do not have monthly subscriptions
- They do not have unlimited messaging
There are so many online therapy sites, and all are good in their own right.
It would be best to search and examine the one that suits your needs carefully.