You may be concerned about Instacart’s hiring policies for felons because you are a felon looking to get an Instacart shopper job.
The truth is that having a felony conviction record in your possession does not render you automatically ineligible to attain a job position on the Instacart shopper platform.
Still, your acceptance will actually depend on the complexity, nature, jail duration and age of your felony conviction. So, does Instacart hire felons?
In this article, you will learn about Instacart, their hiring policies regarding felons, the felonies that will disqualify you from acquiring a job position from Instacart, and their job application process.
Article Road Map
Instacart has been operating since June 2012 till this present day and was founded by Apoorva Mehta, Brandon Leonardo, and Max Mullen.
Instacart is a well-established delivery company in America known for allowing individuals to shop for their choice of consumable groceries through their Apple and Android phones (devices).
After a successful purchase and the payment of the grocery shopper is approved, A personal shopper on Instacart selects the order and gets all the purchased items delivered to the owner.
The headquarters of the Instacart platform is located at 50 Beale Street, San Francisco, California, United States Of America.
Instacart Hiring Policies For Felons
1. Before you can be considered proficient for a job position at Instacart, there are a few basic requirements expected:
- Must be a citizen of the United States Of America.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- You should own a car of your own or at least have legit access to a vehicle with legal insurance and a license.
- You must own a functioning mobile phone.
- Physical fitness is required.
- Availability to perform your job competently during work hours.
- A valid driving license in your state of residence.
2. When Instacart confirms that you have all of the requirements mentioned above in your possession. A background verification check will be conducted for the purpose of screening the applicants.
The shopping company’s background check has to do with verifying information about the candidate:
- Educational background
- Family background
- Name, home address, age and car license plate number
- Prior workplace history
- Individual skills & qualities
- Professional licensures / Certificates
- Misdemeanour/felony charges
- Family members
- Marriage status
- Financial status
- State and federal tax status
- Detainment history
- Search warrant history
- Driving convictions history
- Traffic violation history
If a felon’s background checks out to be okay for the job position, he can receive an approval email from Instacart.
Read More: Does Ups Hire Ex-Felons In 2023 | Stay Hired
Instacart Salary Compensation
According to a survey, Instacart’s independent contractors and delivery drivers confirm that their hourly pay ranges between $8.00 and $24.37 and their yearly earnings range between $15,000 and $38,126, respectively.
The salary compensations Instacart’s employees earn actually depend on certain factors.
These factors generally include the number of shopping batches you complete, the size of the orders, and the tips & bonuses you legit earn in a day.
Instacart’s salary compensation payment is more than your typical minimum wage, but whether the company pays well or not depends on your monetary values, needs and expectations.
How To Complete An Instacart Job Application Process
1. Set aside 15 minutes to complete the process from start to finish on your smartphone.
2. Download the Instacart shopper application
3. Provide your contact details, valid driver’s license, and social security number. The company’s management will review the information you have provided.
4. Undergo a remote portfolio screening process with a developer to provide information about your achievements and projects so far in life.
5. Undergo an interview process when you are called. You will answer interview questions in the presence of higher employees, hiring managers, HR and others.
6. Provide consent for a background check to be conducted. Immediately after your background check is approved, the terms and conditions of the job position will be provided to you, including your salary compensation. It is left for you to agree by providing your signature on the documents.
Felonies That Will Nullify Your Job Application At Instacart
Here are certain felony convictions that may be serious barriers to your employment opportunity:
1. Theft and fraudulent felony convictions will most certainly give a felon a hard time. At Instacart, the job of a shopper entails money & merchandise handling. They will also be doing home deliveries, so a criminal record of theft and fraud will not sit well with Instacart.
2. Violence and sexual assault convictions will render a felon’s employment opportunity & possible approval nullified.
A felon with such a criminal record will not be trusted well enough to handle making deliveries and assisting both old and young. He will not even be trusted enough to be in close contact with Instacart’s clients.
3. Traffic violations in a felon’s criminal record will be a barrier for felons who want to attain a job position where making deliveries is essential.
4. Public physical abuse, attempted homicide, homicide, treason, murder, child abuse and a domestic violation will also disqualify and reject a felon’s job application by the Instacart shopping platform.
Job Positions Available At Instacart
1. Personal Shopper: An Instacart personal shopper is an employee who works out of the store.
They perform various duties such as receiving grocery orders from Instacart application users, gathering the purchased items after payment is confirmed and delivering to the various houses of the users who made grocery purchases.
An Instacart personal shopper is required to own a legit driver’s license and insurance.
2. Customer Care Representatives: An Instacart customer care representative is an employee who is responsible for responding to the inquiries and queries of clients, solving their issues professionally, organizing Instacart’s personal shoppers, making sure that all payments are accurately confirmed, ensuring that all gathered user orders are neatly packed and tagged, and making sure that personal shoppers deliver purchases to their rightful owners.
3. Corporate Office Roles: Instacart has job positions such as network administrator, technical savvy developer, financial accountant, company lawyer, sales representative, and marketing strategist.
Does Instacart Pay Well?
The average hourly wage for Instacart shoppers ranges from about $8.00 per hour for an independent contractor to $24.37 per hour for a delivery driver. The average Instacart Shoppers salary ranges from about $15,000 per year for a Driver (Independent Contractor) to $38,126 per year for a Store Shopper.
How Long Does Instacart Take?
The standard estimated arrival time is between 2 and 5 hours after the order is placed. An order created at 9:35 may have an estimated arrival time of 12:15. Customers can choose Up to 2 hours or Up to 5 hours. Immediate time periods are calculated from the moment the order is created.
How Much Can You Make A Day With Instacart?
On average, you can earn $88-$128 per day, depending on several factors, such as tips and service location. This value can easily double with tips if you work in top cities.
How Much Will Instacart Pay Me?
The average “load” for Instacart runs between $15-20, and shoppers can make about 1 load per hour, more or less. This means that for an 8-hour shift, you can expect to earn at least $120-$160 per day shopping with Instacart.
Is There A Limit On Instacart?
There is no limit on pickup orders. For delivery orders, the limit is 250, which includes all countable items. For example, a customer may have 250 units of the same product or 250 units of a mix of products. Be aware that large orders may result in increased latency or possible timeouts.
Is Instacart Daily Or Weekly?
Instacart pays all shoppers weekly by direct deposit into a bank account. Full-service shoppers have the ability to access funds faster through “Instant Withdrawal.” This option will instantly transfer funds to your debit card. You can start using Instant Cashout after your first five orders.
How Fast Does Instacart Hire?
Instacart says they usually process background checks within 10 days. To check the status, visit the Checkr applicant portal. You will receive an app notification when the background check is complete.
Why Can’t I Verify My Identity On Instacart?
Your credit profile may contain incorrect information. You may have verified your identity with ID.me. Your post may have contained an error or typo. You may have submitted documents that have expired.
Who Is The CEO Of Instacart?
Fidji Simo is a French entrepreneur and CEO of Instacart. Prior to this position, she was Facebook’s Head of Facebook Applications and Vice President of Video, Games and Monetization. She is currently the president of The Metrodora Foundation, a health clinic and research institute.
Why Did Instacart Charge $100?
If Instacart charged you $100 outside of grocery delivery, chances are you signed up for an Instacart Express membership and forgot to cancel.
In conclusion, Instacart is one of the many felon-friendly companies that are lenient with felons out there. Instacart allows felons to get back on their feet and afford their daily meals.
Granted, a food and grocery running job may not be as promising as a corporate office job position as you may be thinking twice about going through with it, but it can sustain you and your loved ones financially until you can land a better-paying permanent job.
Suppose you insist on getting a better-paying job; you can check to see if your state of residence allows the elimination of criminal records on an individual’s profile after a duration of 8 to 10 years.
If your state allows this, your chances of attaining a better job will increase. Consult a paralegal for further understanding of this process if you consider it an option.