The OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) is a two-year structured program designed to prepare young professionals for the OPEC Fund’s member countries for a career in global development.
Currently seeking applicants with a passion for, and commitment to international development who demonstrate academic excellence and relevant professional experience.
We especially want to hear from those with the drive and ambition to help developing countries address their most pressing challenges in the quest for social, environmental, and economic progress.
What Does The YPDP Offer?
The YPDP offers training, coaching, and mentoring. Whilst creates the opportunity for eligible skilled youths to have an experience in different fields of work where they can prove their competence while exposing them to an array of professional networks.
The program equips young professionals with the skills and knowledge to meet the minimum requirements for an entry-level position with the OPEC Fund.
The YPDP will enable young professionals to develop an appreciation for different departments/units contributing to the OPEC Fund’s overall strategic and operational goals.
Under the structured talent management program, participants will have the opportunity to contribute to achieving the OPEC Fund’s vision of a world where sustainable development is a reality for all.
YPDP participants will gain valuable on-the-job experience, a wide range of relevant learning and developmental opportunities, rotation among different departments, and also benefit from a coaching/mentoring arrangement.
Afterward, when participants have successfully completed the two-year program, they will be offered a job at the OPEC Fund, based on their performance and the business need.
OPEC Fund’s Eligibility
- At the time of application, candidates should be 30 years of age or younger.
- Must have obtained at least a Master’s degree from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Graduated with excellent academic performance, and should be very fluent in English speaking.
- Proficiency in one or more languages is desirable.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience.
- Specialize in a field relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations such as Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Information Technology, Law, Human Resources, and any other relevant discipline.
- Ability to work in a global and culturally diverse institution.
- An understanding of the OPEC Fund’s mandate.
- Willingness to serve the OPEC Fund, if selected, for a minimum of two years upon completion of the Program.
The deadline for applications would be communicated soon. Successful applicants are chosen following a rigorous selection process. Those offered a place on the YPDP are expected to respond within two weeks.
To apply, candidates must submit:
- A YPDP online application form.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- An application essay (in Word or PDF format).
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
It is Important that applicants put the following into good consideration;
- Please ensure you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, outlined above.
- Please upload the Application essay and transcripts under the “Additional documents” section of the application form.
- Submit a valid and current email address. Email opec [email protected] or http://www.opecfunds.org/career with working/available contact details. To avoid missing out on valid information calls/text messages.
- Answer all the questions in the application form; and
- Please ensure that your application essay adheres to the guidelines below.