The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the solutions provided for tackling the issues of HIV/AIDS in the country. Among other purposes, NACA’s mandates are to:
- Coordinate and sustain advocacy by all sectors and at all levels for HIV/AIDS/STDs.
- Create expanded responses in Nigeria.
- Develop the framework for collaboration and support from all stakeholders for a multi-sectoral and multi-disciplinary response to HIV/AIDS in Nigeria.
- Develop and present to the Presidential Council on AIDS, PCA, all plans on HIV/AIDS in Nigeria for policy decisions.
- Develop and articulate a strategic plan for an Expanded National Response to HIV/AIDS in Nigeria.
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate the implementation of the Strategic National Plan for the control of HIV/AIDS/STDs in Nigeria and all other approved policies.
- Coordinate and facilitate the mobilization of resources for an effective and sustainable response to HIV/AIDS/STDs in Nigeria, and
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the PCA from time to time.
Nigeria is Africa’s most populous nation with about 170 million people. It currently has a reported HIV prevalence of 1.4%, next only to South Africa in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Nigerian government’s response to the epidemic is based on a national strategic work plan known as the HIV/AIDS Emergency Action Plan, which originally was a four-year plan with a $190million cost for program execution.
The plan was designed to be jointly executed by the Government of Nigeria, bilateral donors, and the World Bank IDA credit.
NACA helps to coordinate HIV activities in Nigeria
NACA also Facilitates the development and management of the policies and strategies of all sectors to ensure the human, financial and organizational resources to support the successful execution of the national HIV/AIDS response program.
This is to notify interested and qualified candidates that the National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) is recruiting into its agency. See fresh job vacancies available at NACA.
Application Portal is open. The official application website is www.naca.gov.ng Eligible and Interested applicants should submit their credentials online for NACA. The application form is free. The form is also obtainable at www.naca.gov.ng/recruitment.
All job seekers in Nigeria with relevant qualifications are eligible to apply for the job. Before applying, you should take note of the following information.
NACA is recruiting and application is open to the general public but only those who meet the requirements will be shortlisted.
NACA Job requirements will be listed below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any health-related discipline.
- NYSC Discharge Certificate.
- Applicants must have a good track record in jobs related to the sort.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
Candidates should take into consideration the following when applying.
- Get the right information at the right time, which means you need to be visiting NACA Portal on a regular basis.
- Have all the necessary credentials.
- Scan and Upload your Credentials on https://www.naca.gov.ng
- NACA Shortlisted Candidates will be published shortly after.
- Don’t pay anyone who claims he can help you get a Job in NACA.
For more information, visit the website at; [email protected] OR
Follow Us on;