Are you curious to be enlightened on some well-renowned career jobs that start with M?
Well, this is the right article for you as it is written to specifically give you knowledge on about the 20 most popular career jobs that start with M, alongside the skills and educational requirements it takes to be considered a professional in the career jobs, and knowledge of the work environments as well.
Article Road Map
Career Jobs That Start With M
1. Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical engineers are professional experts in all aspects of technology.
They oversee a wide range of projects and tasks, such as; the production of electrical generators, gas turbines, air conditioners, refrigerators, fridges, medical equipment, steam turbines, and the design of elevators as well.
Skills Of A Mechanical Engineer
- Technical skills
- Computer aid design software skills
- Ability to work with a team
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Working experience with AutoCAD mechanical tools
- FreeCAD skills
- Working experience with TurboCAD Deluxe
Job Responsibilities Of A Mechanical Engineer
- Mechanical engineers brainstorm ideas for new technology and start developing, building, and designing; they test the performance of the new technology and troubleshoot to diagnose malfunctions.
- Mechanical engineers are responsible for designing the modern mechanical components that meet specific needs.
- At the early stage of a product’s manufacturing process, mechanical engineers brainstorm ideas to ascertain the best solution for a product’s malfunction.
Work Environments Of A Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical engineers can work with aerospace engineering companies, engineering manufacturing industries, construction sites, biomedical engineering firms, research institutes, and universities.
Educational Requirements For A Mechanical Engineer
A high school graduation certificate and a bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, automobile engineering, electrical engineering, and fluid mechanics.
An extensive knowledge of subjects such as; chemistry, finite element and CAD analysis, Mass and Heat transfer, Engineering drawing, dynamics, and kinematics of machines is required.
2. Marketing Manager
Companies in today’s world sponsor marketing campaigns once in a while to raise awareness and attract more clients to patronize them. Marketing campaigns are always a success thanks to a competent marketing manager.
Skills Of Marketing Managers
- Marketing skills
- Persuasion skills
- Ability to manage a business
- Interpersonal communication skills
The Job Responsibilities Of A Marketing Manager
- Implement strategies to achieve marketing manager success.
- Understanding the needs of consumers
- Implementing pricing strategies to attract more product and service demands.
The Work Environment Of A Marketing Manager
Marketing Managers work for telecommunication, pharmaceutical, and business firms, and they work remotely on their social media platforms.
Educational Requirements For Marketing Managers
Marketing managers are required to achieve a bachelor’s degree in business administration, banking, and finance, financial accounting, economics, commerce, or any other business-related courses.
A high school graduation certificate is required of marketing managers as well.
3. Makeup Artist
The makeup artist is a beautician who is an expert in cosmetics and knows how to use a wide range of colours to beautify clients.
Skills Of A Makeup Artist
- Creativity skills
- Photography skills
- Excellent customer service
- Must know everything about makeup techniques and makeup products.
The Job Responsibilities Of Makeup Artists
- Body art and beatification
- Enhancing facial beauty by applying makeup
- Helping actors and actresses remove their makeup after their stage performance
Work Environments Of Makeup Artists
Makeup artists work in theatres, television shows, film production industries, fashion firms, modelling firms, and professional salons.
Educational Requirements For Makeup Artists
Aspiring Makeup artists need to undergo internship training in the art of makeup for at least one year in order to be perfect. Afterwards, the individuals can start practising and providing makeup services to clients of their own.
A high school graduation certificate and a bachelor’s degree in fine art and design are a plus.
4. Medical Doctor
Medical doctors are professionals under different Specialities of medicine.
There are different categories under medicine, such as gynaecologists, paediatricians, optometrists, renal care specialists, oncologists, etc. These professionals can be referred to as medical doctors.
Skills Of Medical Doctors
- They must be compassionate
- Expertise in the use of medical equipment
- Must know everything about medicines and the purpose of each drug.
- Must know the principles of drug prescription.
- Emotional intelligence
- Decision-making skills
The Job Responsibilities Of A Medical Doctor
- Administer Medicare to patients
- Respond immediately to emergencies that need urgent medical care
- Must apply knowledge of physiology and anatomy when administering Medicare
Work Environments Of Medical Doctors
Medical doctors work in private and public hospitals, colleges, high schools, veterinary hospitals, and science laboratories, and they can also work independently in their own pharmaceutical companies.
Educational Requirements For Medical Doctors
A bachelor of science degree in medicine and surgery, anatomy, physiology, science laboratory technology or physiotherapy, etc
A high school graduation science certificate is also required.
5. Massage Therapist
A massage therapist is the go-to stress reliever that individuals call on whenever they feel intense muscle spasms. The massage therapist can also be referred to as a physiotherapist.
Skills Of A Massage Therapist
- Finger dexterity
- Expert Knowledge of the mechanism of the body’s bones and muscles.
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of all the body’s pain points
The Job Responsibilities Of Massage Therapists
- Successfully help clients to relieve stress
- Stretch a client’s bones and muscles professionally
- Do not add extra muscle spasms or strains to clients by massaging inefficiently.
The Work Environment Of A Massage Therapist
A massage therapist can get employed in spas, medical hospitals, residential facilities, and facilities for the aged and can work independently in his or her own spa.
Educational Requirements For A Massage Therapist
A bachelor’s degree in physiology, anatomy, or physiotherapy. A high school diploma. Skills and expertise in the body’s bones, muscles, and structure.
6. Maintenance Technician
Have you ever been in the comfort of your home and observed malfunctions in your television, fan, fridge, socket, or light bulbs?
All you need to do in cases like these is call your maintenance technician, who will be at your service to run performance tests on these appliances and keep them up and running effectively/smoothly in no time.
Skills Of A Maintenance Technician
- The maintenance technician pays attention to the detail
- Time management skills
- IT skills
- Proficient Technical skills
- Proactivity and problem-solving skills
The Job Responsibilities Of A Maintenance Technician
- Ensures that the appliances of his client are up and running
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ensure that appliances are fixed so that they will run for a long time before another repair is due.
The Work Environment Of Maintenance Technicians
Engineering companies, technical workshops, and remote on-contract jobs.
Educational Requirements For Maintenance Technicians
The maintenance guy should acquire a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, technical science, or construction engineering.
A high school graduation certificate and internship training can also go a very long way.
7. Martial Arts Instructor
These are karate masters who guide students in the art of self-defence. At the end of every session, their goal should be to successfully instil the knowledge of at least two self-defence fighting skills in each student under his care.
Skills Of A Martial Arts Instructor
- Self-defence skills
- Motor skills
- Observational skills
The Job Responsibilities Of A Martial Arts Instructor
- Assess the improvements and backslides of each student after every teaching session.
- Instil great knowledge about self-defence in the hearts and brains of students.
- Provide opportunities for self-defence practicals and not just theoretical learning processes.
The Work Environment Of Martial Art Instructors
Martial art instructors work in colleges, high schools, boxing competition centres, and sport competition firms.
Educational Requirements For Martial Art Instructors
A Self-defense instructor work permit and sporting expertise/experience. A high school graduation certificate and a bachelor’s degree in kinematics or physical and health education.
Mammographers are licensed breast specialists who are certified by the medical board. They conduct examinations of patients’ breasts to diagnose existing diseases, cancers, inflammation, etc.
Skills Of Mammographers
- Hand-to-eye coordination
- Ability to read images and structures from an MRI scanner or X-ray.
- Technical skills
The Job Responsibilities Of A Mammographer
- Work directly with patients and run breast examinations to diagnose early breast cancer signs.
The Work Environment Of Mammographers
Public or private hospitals, specialty hospitals, and some own their own clinics or hospitals.
Educational Requirements For A Mammographer
A bachelor of science degree in medicine and surgery, anatomy, physiology, mammography, or science laboratory technology etc
A high school graduation science certificate is also required.
9. Mathematics Tutor
These are mathematical experts who guide students and teach them mathematical skills.
At the end of every term or semester, their goals should be to successfully instil expert mathematical knowledge and ensure that each student under their care passes with flying colours.
Skills Of Mathematic Tutors
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Mathematical skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Accuracy and precision
The Job Responsibilities Of Mathematic Tutors
- Ensure that students under your care are well taught and learn something new every day.
- Assess the improvements and fallback of each student after every teaching session.
- Make sure to conduct class work during classes and give take-home assignments after classes.
The Work Environments Of Mathematic Tutors
Colleges, residential areas, some clients’ homes, elementary schools, primary schools and even online.
Educational Requirements For Mathematic Tutors
Basically, they need to acquire a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics or engineering sciences.
They also need a high school graduation certificate.
These are professionals who major in everything pertaining to microbiology.
They study widely microscopic and infection-causing organisms such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, and algae at their cellular level and molecular levels.
Skills Of A Microbiologist
- IT skills
- Analytical skills
- Technical (microscopic) skills
- Detail oriented
- Research skills
Job Responsibilities Of Microbiologist
- Run tests to diagnose and treat signs and occurrences of infections.
- Eliminate infectious organisms from the body of the host by prescribing effective medications.
- Analyze blood, urine and faeces samples to detect and interpret early stages or end-stage infections.
The Work Environment Of A Microbiologist
Hospitals, research institutes, medical science laboratories, government agencies and almost every food production industry.
Educational Requirements For Microbiologists
A bachelor’s degree in microbiology or pure biological sciences. A master’s degree in microbiology and a high school graduation certificate.
Other Career Jobs That Start With M
- Mental health specialist
- Medical radiation therapists
- Molecular biologist
- Mortgage Agent
- Motion graphic designer
- MRI technologist
- MTS silicone design software engineer
- Marketing Director
- Marine engineer
The career jobs that start with M described above are all quite lucrative and could be worth pursuing.
Strive to acquire all of the requirements of at least one of these 20 career jobs in the alphabet M category and be considered a competent professional in that field.
Some of the careers could enable you to earn money remotely .ie. in the comfort of your home or earn money as employed staff.