Do you know that disagreement can happen in the workplace? Conflict may arise between employees or between the management and employees.
This is why a company should employ the services of an HR employee relations manager, but sadly not so many people are aware of the human resource employee relation manager job descriptions.
However keep reading this composition and find out the duties, skills, and requirements of an HR employee relations manager.
Article Road Map
Employee Relations Manager Job Description.
1. Developing And Implementing An Employee Relations Program.
An employee relations manager is in charge of validating the negotiation between the management and staff, ensuring that both sides agree.
The HR employee relations manager job description includes drawing a plan to map out the rules for dialog, directing the meeting, setting the program for each meeting, and spelling out the roles of both parties.
In most cases, the HR employee relations manager may have to act as a mediator between the staff and management to achieve an agreement before the plan is executed.
2. Designing Policies And Procedures
Another human resource manager job description is the formulation of policies and procedures that helps the company function well and equitably for all employees.
Having arranged all the necessary policies, the HR employee relations manager ensures that the policy documents are distributed to the members of staff and are understood by all.
In some cases, a series of training is carried out to explain new policies and procedures. When this training is organized, the HR manager ensures that everybody affiliated with the company attends this training.
Recommended:10 Best Dental Manager Job Description
3. Resolving Work Conflicts and Grievances
Conflict in a workplace can be very damaging and disturbing. Another key HR employee relations manager job description is to act as a mediator between the two parties involved in the conflict.
As an HR employee relations manager, you must try as hard as you can to be unbiased when settling disputes.
Disputes between employees or between the company and employees must be resolved as fast as possible.
This is one of the most essential human resource employee relations manager job descriptions.
4. Addressing Employee-Raised Issues And Concerns.
You should be able to treat all concerns of the employee with commitment and conscientiousness, ensuring that the issues are taken care of and the employees are given a chance to speak out.
It s important that all employees have a representative during dialogues or meetings. The employees and the company should feel that they can trust you.
5. Advising Departmental Managers.
Whenever there is a change in the organization structure the human resource employee relations manager must guide the departmental heads on how to handle such changes effectively.
The trust should be maintained between the Human resource employee relations manager, management, and employees in terms of handling conflict.
6. Running Negotiations With Employee Representatives.
An additional human resource employee relations manager job description is negotiating with unions, workers councils, and partners of the company in terms of striking an agreement.
Just agreements should balance the needs of the company and the requests of the employees.
Recommended: Operations Manager Job Description
7. Advising Senior Management.
In addition to negotiation, the HR employee relations manager consults senior management staff on ways to improve the working standard and development of the company at large.
The HR manager should create an insight to assist the management in making decisions that would also favor the staff.
8. Handling of employees complaint through calls, and controlling grievances in an orderly and timely manner.
9. Furthermore, investigation of complex critical employee issues is one of the key human resource employee relations manager job descriptions.
10. You should be alert to periodically examine employee feedback across all stages.
11. A human resource manager should partake in projects that are concentrated on the continuous improvement of the company.
12. Conduct survey interviews and studies to analyze the policies procedures, employment processes .etc of the company.
13. Advertisement and training of employees in different areas that would help solve issues in the company are one of the human resource employee relation manager job descriptions.
14. You should always collaborate with the legal department whenever you need help in settling employee disputes.
15. in addition, An HR manager should always represent the company in negotiating with employees with regards to employee performance, improvements, and other performance resolution issues.
16. Employees should be rewarded especially when they properly carry out their tasks. This is one of the human resource employee relations manager job descriptions.
17. You should be able to maintain HR manuals and handbooks as well as properly distribute these manuals whenever you update them.
18. Management of employees’ compensation and salary scheme is one of the human resource employee relations job descriptions.
19. You should be able to manage the company’s disease control program, exposure guidelines, and counsel on the proper quarantine measures.
20. The management can also assign other duties to you. It’s your duty as the HR manager to effectively carry out these tasks.
21. The promotion of positive employee and customer results is one of the duties of a human resource employee relations manager.
22. Finally, You must be able to work and carry out your duties when you are under pressure.
Now you are aware of the duties of a human resource employee relations manager.
Let us see who a human resource employee relations manager is.
Who Is A Human Resource Employee Relations Manager?
The human resource employee relations manager is a person in charge of investigating and resolving employee performance issues and conflicts in the workplace.
An HR employee relations manager handles grievances procedures and promotes counseling sessions between the employees and the company.
Knowing the duties and responsibilities of an HR employee relations manager isn’t enough in pursuing your career in human resources.
However, there are some skills and requirements you need to have in place to push your dreams.
Let’s take a look at some of them below.
Employee Relations Manager Requirements & Skills.
- You must have 3-5 years of experience in human resource management administration, including at least two years in employee relations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in human resource management, human relations, or any affiliated field is required.
- You should be able to understand employment laws and labor relations.
- You should have the ability to understand interpret and apply the right measures to formulate company policies.
- Understanding negotiation techniques and dispute resolution is one skill a human resource employee relations manager should have.
- You should always remain calm whenever you are in a controversial situation in the workplace.
- Microsoft office suites should be as easy as ABC if you are looking forward to becoming a human resource employee relations manager.
- In addition, you should be able to write and have strong communication skills.
- Working hand in hand with your team to achieve a goal should be your aim if you are an HR employee relations manager.
- You should be a fast thinker. Solving problems quickly without letting them escalate is one of the key duties of a human resource employee relations manager.
- Furthermore, one skill an HR employee relations manager should have is confidence especially when he/she wants to make decisions.
- Most companies require an experience in Conflict resolution in labor relations and any other dispute resolution experience.
- Data analysis is one of the skills that are important in pursuing a career in human resources.
- If you have the following Human Resources certifications (PHR, SHRM-CP, CPLP, etc.) pursuing a career in human resources would be a problem.
Was this piece helpful?
I’m convinced that you are now aware of the human resource employee relations manager job description.
Use this piece to encourage yourself as you walk through your career path of becoming a professional human resource manager.
However, if you have any questions regarding this blog post, please leave your comment below in the comment section.