Have you ever tried to learn more about computer technologist salary? If that is the case, you will enjoy this post.
You’ll also get a high-level rundown of:
- Who is a Computer Information Technologist?
- Software and information management work with the best pay
- Skills and roles of computer information systems
- In comparison to a computer information technologist, the pay of an information systems manager is higher.
- What does the future hold for salaries in computer information technology?
Article Road Map
- Who is a Computer Information Technologist?
- Computer Information Technologist Salary
- 1. Development of mobile applications ($72,871/year)
- 2. Applications Architect (annual salary of $112,911)
- 3. Database Administration ($66,085 a year)
- 4. Data Scientist (annual salary of $113,309)
- 5. Wireless Cloud/Network Engineering (annual salary of $72,362)
- 6. SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) ($130,187)
- 7. Data Architecture ($102,864)
- 8. Big Data Engineering ($102,864/year)
- 9. Management of Information Systems Security ($51,881 a year)
- 10. Software Engineering ($108,829)
- A comparison of Computer Technologist Salary & Information Technology Management Salary
Who is a Computer Information Technologist?
A computer information technologist, also known as a computer engineering professional, assists an organisation with both hardware and software problems.
Computer Information Technologist Salary
The average data information technology wage, according to ZipRecruiter, is about $55,311 a year. However, according to the Robert Half Computer Information Technology Salary Guide for 2021, some of the top ten highest-paid IT workers are in the industry.
1. Development of mobile applications ($72,871/year)
The invention of mobile apps is a subset of computer information technology.
It entails scripting, checking, debugging, reporting, and changing the configuration of mobile apps for businesses that need it.
You can see why smartphone device creators are in high demand today just by looking at your phones or tablets.
Furthermore, smartphone software growth is not limited to the information technology industry. It encompasses much more than that, ranging from wellbeing to agriculture and many other fields.
According to Payscale, the estimated annual wage for a smartphone application developer is $72,871.
2. Applications Architect (annual salary of $112,911)
Applications developers play a critical role in creating and analyzing software implementations for numerous corporate organizations in computer information and technology.
They also assist in producing innovative applications and enhancing existing ones and implementing product designs, software testing, and the creation of technical documentation related to application development.
According to Payscale, the average application architect wage is about $112,911 a year.
3. Database Administration ($66,085 a year)
A database manager’s responsibilities in every organisation are as follows:
- Maintaining database results, as well as developing and applying fundamental principles and controls
- Through addressing transaction processes and other database production options, hardware and software updates are performed.
- Preparation for database expansion by the research of significant proposals and specifications.
- Assisting in the security of a company’s database by developing stringent protocols, processes, and controls.
Almost every company, regardless of sector, uses some database.
According to Indeed, the annual database administration income is $66,085 year.
4. Data Scientist (annual salary of $113,309)
Data science is a relatively recent advancement in the computer information and technology field that entails data mining to solve complex problems.
A data scientist is someone who works in the field of data science!
Data scientists are a mix of mathematicians, pattern analysts, and computational scientists.
There are no standard job requirements for the role of data scientist, but below are some of the duties of a data scientist:
- Vast volumes of random data are collected and transformed into a more refined and functional format.
- Using data-driven tools to solve market challenges.
- Performing as a liaison between IT and the company.
- Keeping up with the latest in machine learning, deep learning, and text analytics.
According to Glassdoor, the total data scientist income is about $113,309 a year.
5. Wireless Cloud/Network Engineering (annual salary of $72,362)
A network cloud engineer works with businesses to set up links between machines and all staff so that data can be easily exchanged, either internally via a LAN or externally via the internet.
They also help in the execution of program upgrades and installs.
According to Glassdoor, the average network cloud developer compensation is about $72,362 a year.
6. SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) ($130,187)
A site reliability engineer (SRE) essentially performs the functions of an operations unit but with hardware and technical capabilities to automate the whole project.
By applying fundamental software engineering expertise to system management topics, this work style aims to bridge the gap between operations and growth in an organisation.
Any site reliability engineer’s ultimate aim is to automate their way out of any assigned job.
They also collaborate closely with product developers to ensure that a given engineered solution effectively responds to non-functional requirements such as availability, functionality, maintainability, and protection.
According to Indeed, the annual site reliability engineering wage is about $130,187, with a cash bonus of $10,000 per year.
Read Also: Health Information Technology Salary
7. Data Architecture ($102,864)
A data architect is someone who works in the field of data architecture.
Data infrastructure is a subset of database management that entails designing, developing, deploying, and managing an organisation’s entire data structure.
They help to describe how data is processed, consumed, handled, and integrated into business organisations by numerous data agencies and information management systems and applications that use or process such data.
According to Payscale, the average data architect wage is about $116,820 a year.
8. Big Data Engineering ($102,864/year)
Big data engineers help in the building of what a big data solutions architect has designed.
Most of the time, they are involved in designing big data solutions themselves due to their experience in Hadoop-based technologies such as Hive MongoDB, Cassandra, or MapReduce.
Big data engineers help to build large-scale data processing systems, converting large amounts of raw data into actionable information for better decision-making and innovation processes and strategic selling.
The average big data engineering salary pays about $102,864 per year, according to Glassdoor.
9. Management of Information Systems Security ($51,881 a year)
An information technology protection manager aids in planning and implementing security protocols and controls and identifying and mitigating vulnerabilities within a company enterprise.
They are in charge of computer and network protection operations, reviewing security violations, and maintaining security infrastructure.
An information technology security manager (also known as an IT security manager) assists in managing security system backups and planning procedures, staff preparation, and disaster data recovery.
According to Glassdoor, the annual IT security manager compensation is $51,881 a year.
10. Software Engineering ($108,829)
Software engineering is a subfield of computer information technology that focuses on designing and creating computer and application software.
They have in-depth knowledge of software development, programming languages, and computer operating systems, and they also assist in applying engineering concepts in the design of the software.
According to Indeed, the annual IT security manager salary is about $108,829 a year, including a $4000 cash bonus.
A comparison of Computer Technologist Salary & Information Technology Management Salary
One of essential branches of computing information systems is information technology administration.
With the IT industry expanding rapidly, recruiting an IT boss is critical to the day-to-day operations of businesses.
A company’s entire technical architecture is implemented and also maintained by an information technology boss.
As virtually every company enterprise depends on a central information processing system that facilitates effective data collection and collaboration, job prospects for information technology managers will still be present.
IT managers monitor organisational needs, develop research methods and technological solutions, and develop the most cost-effective and reliable processes to meet the organisation’s objectives.
According to the 2014 IT Salary Guide:
An information management manager’s annual pay ranges from $99,000 and $142,250.
However, according to Glassdoor, the actual annual wage for information technology is about $85,253 a year.
Here are some information technology management wages and positions you will find near you in 2021.
1. Manager/Systems Administrator – Norco Corp. ($45,000 – $65,000 a year)
Address: Fort Worth, Texas.
Type of Work: Full-Time
Job Requirements: You will be in charge of all infrastructure, applications, as well as network support for a family-owned trucking firm, and you must have expertise with network configuration and designs, SQL, and Crystal Reports.
Read Also: Information Technology Specialist Salary
2. Godshall Recruiting — IT Director ($140,000 – $150,000 a year).
Address: Spartanburg, South Carolina
Type of Work: Full-Time
Job Requirements: At least 5 years of directorial experience overseeing data centre and network operations is needed.
Cognition of LAN and WAN connections, processors, as well as storage technologies.
Defined Infrastructure, public and private cloud storage, DevOps, multiple computing systems, Virtualization, Active Directory, and Office 365 are all areas of expertise.
Requirements for the Position:
- At least 5 years of directorial experience overseeing data centre and network operations are needed.
- Awareness of LAN and WAN connections, processors, as well as storage technologies.
- Defined Infrastructure, public and private cloud storage, DevOps, multiple computing systems, Virtualization, Active Directory, and Office 365 are all areas of expertise.
3. Information Technology Manager ($59,082 – $76,807 per year) – Durham Housing Authority
Durham Housing Authority – Information Technology Manager ($59,082 – $76,807 a year)
Address: Durham, North Carolina 27701
Type of Work: Full-Time
Job Requirements: You will be responsible for assisting with the security of the company’s files, network connectivity, and backup systems. You will also be responsible for coordinating and managing annual technical budgets, the efforts and resources of applications vendors, and the company’s application and technology infrastructure programs.
This role necessitates a BSC in Computer Science, MIS, or a related area and 5 years of experience as an information technology manager or a related field.
What Benefits Do Computer Technicians Get?
The most common benefits for computer technicians
Discounts for employees.
What Is The Highest Paying IT Job?
The 15 best salaries for the best IT jobs in the field of technology in 2022.
Big Data Engineer-$140,000.
Architect’s solution for the Internet of Things (IoT) – $130,000.
What Is The Work Of A Computer Technologist?
IT technicians are professionals responsible for maintaining computer systems, troubleshooting and repairing organizational equipment.