We are sure you must be familiar with the popular term “STEM CAREER JOBS”, which is why you are researching the average salary and the job duties of the best STEM career jobs in 2023.
Unarguably, a wide variety of STEM career fields/industries/companies are ever ready to employ scientifically and technically inclined individuals, so please continue reading this concisely written article for feeding your curiosity on 40 of the most significant STEM careers jobs in 2023.
Article Road Map
Best Careers In STEM In 2023
An anesthesiologist is a professional doctor who specialises in administering anaesthesia accurately to patients before they are due for surgery. They have a firm understanding of all categories of anaesthesia, from general anaesthesia to regional anaesthesia and local anaesthesia and how / when to use them on patients.
Duties Of An Anesthesiologist
- Anaesthesia equipment is always sterilised, calibrated, and tested for accurate performance by anaesthesia technicians.
- Cross-check the patient’s health condition before, during and after administering anaesthesia.
- Before administering anaesthesia, ensure to check if the depth of the drug is just enough for the patient and accurate for the particular operation about to be had.
- Order and restock routine drugs and anaesthesia administration equipment when the surgical ward lacks supplies.
- While working, always remember to implement anaesthetic techniques and infection control guidelines.
The Average Salary Of An Anesthesiologist
Typically, the salary compensation of these professionals ranges between $363,100 – $475,200 annually and an average of $40.00 hourly in the United States.
Anesthesiology is a very critical medical career, and so the payment range varies due to certain achievements of the employee, such as Certifications acquired, working experience, additional expertise/qualities, and the number of years you have been a practitioner in the anaesthesia field.
2. Marine Biologist
Marine biologists are scientists who study the biological processes, ecosystems, natural habitats and different species of organisms and animals in the sea.
Individuals who aspire to a marine biology career position require a bachelor of science degree in medical courses such as ecology, biology, physical oceanography, molecular biology, meteorology, cellular biology, aquatic biology, or botany.
Duties Of A Marine Biologist
- Take it upon yourself to rehabilitate and administer treatments to marine organisms that are sick or badly injured in order to save that species from extinction.
- Perfect adequate research on marine life and make accurate reports.
- Conduct an extensive study on the movement and behavioural patterns, social interaction, disease, and characteristics of different species in the sea.
- Determine the positive and negative impacts of civilian activity on the natural habitats of marine organisms.
The Average Salary Of A Marine Biologist
The average salary compensation offered to marine biologists as of 2023 May 3rd in the United States is $57,198 annually.
Although, salaries can differ for marine biologists due to differences in cities of residence, working experience, skills, employer/management of your company, and job position.
3. Aeronautical Engineering
Aeronautical engineers specialise in handling all kinds of aircraft that fly within the atmosphere of our planet Earth. These aircraft could be missiles, drones, helicopters, private jets, and aeroplanes.
Duties Of An Aeronautical Engineer
- Aeronautical engineers manufacture, design, perform performance testing regularly, and maintain flight/take-off capable aircraft.
- Apply research findings, engineering skills, mathematical knowledge, knowledge of raw materials, problem-solving abilities and critical thinking skills to manufacture accurately functioning aircraft.
- Improve the efficiency and performance standard of any aircraft.
- Apply new technology trends to the specifications of aircraft when manufacturing and designing them.
Average Salary Of An Aeronautical Engineer
According to ZipRecruiter, the average salary compensation offered to these professionals ranges between $84,970 – $197,500 annually and $6,916 – $16,458 monthly.
4. Wildlife Biologist
The entry-level educational qualifications typically required of wildlife biologists are a secondary school graduation certificate and a bachelor of science degree in zoology, environmental science, natural resources, wildlife biology, and animal biology.
Wildlife biologists are wild animal scientists who study the biological processes, ecosystems, natural habitats and different species of wild animals on land.
Job Duties Of A Wildlife Biologist
- Conduct an extensive study on the movement and behavioural patterns, social interaction, disease, and characteristics of different species of wild animals found on land.
- Determine the positive and negative impacts of civilian activity on the natural habitats of wild animals.
Average Salary Of A Wildlife Biologist
As of 2021, a wildlife biologist earned a good salary of $199,300. As of March 2023, a wildlife biologist’s typical entry-level annual salary is $58,096 and $28.00 hourly.
The study of matter’s properties, transformation, reaction rates, and compositions is carried out in an extensive manner by chemists.
They carry out such studies in order to accurately develop all kinds of drugs for different purposes.
Job Duties Of A Chemist
- Determine chemical compounds’ toxicity, stability, quality, and reactivity before developing them into medicines.
- Use research laboratories to implement drug improvement procedures on both new and existing ones.
The Average Salary Of A Chemist
A chemist’s salary compensation on an average scale ranges from $77,323 – $143,000 annually.
6. Environmental Scientist
Environmental science specialists require a bachelor of science degree in environmental science, natural resources, or geological science and excellent high school grades in scientific subjects such as physics, geology, mathematics, geography, and biology.
Duties Of An Environmental Scientist
- Conduct surveys in order to learn more about the environment.
- Identify every threatening impact that unlawful human activity can cause on the environment.
- Check and control environmental hazards such as irrigation, wildfires, erosion, floods, and land and water pollution.
Average Salary Of An Environmental Scientist
The Bureau of labour statistics has stated that environmental scientists earn at most $82,000 and at least $63,000 annually in the United States Of America.
7. Registered Nurse
Registered nursing is a very lucrative STEM career in 2023, and individuals who pursue nursing are in for very exciting career opportunities.
The RN specialists require a bachelor of science /associate /master’s /doctorate degree in nursing, completion of the registered nurse’s residency program, and an excellent pass in the national council licensure exam for nurse practitioners.
They must also have working experience and very excellent grades in high school on scientific subjects such as physics, agriculture, English language, mathematics, chemistry, and biology.
Duties Of A Registered Nurse
- Assist the doctor on duty to care for patients and meet their every need.
- Committedly run day and night shifts and handle every shift of yours professionally.
- Take detailed records of every patient’s response to health care and treatment.
Average Salary Of A Registered Nurse
In the United Kingdom, the average salary compensation offered to a registered nurse is £26,317 annually.
They earn an average of $79,999 in the United States Of America.
The educational qualifications required to be a cartographer or photo-gram metrist are a technical diploma, a bachelor of science degree in geography/cartography/surveying engineering/geomatics/forestry/computer science and good high school grades in algebra/drafting / mechanical drawing / technical drawing/trigonometry.
These qualifications will definitely make an individual eligible to practice as a cartographer.
Duties Of A Cartographer
- Conducting compilation activities on geographical data from sources such as aerial photographs, surveys, satellite images, and other researchers’ public reports.
- Initiating the production of digital maps to serve political, business, educational, environmental research, and academic learning purposes.
- Staying updated by keeping up with trends in order to alter and make new corrections to already existing digital maps.
Average Salary Of A Cartographer
The cartographer earns within the range of $58,000 – $74,000 annually on an average scale.
9. Web Developer
Aspiring web developers are to acquire a high school graduation certificate and take up advanced computer courses in college to earn either a bachelor of science/master’s or associate degree in computer science to qualify as a web developer and be employed in the best computer programming firms.
Duties Of A Web Developer
- Website developers are responsible for the original navigation buttons/menus and user interfaces we experience on websites today.
- They perform performance testing on websites and software applications regularly.
Average Salary Of A Web Developer
Web developers earn good salaries as it is one of the most lucrative STEM careers in 2023. The Bureau of labour statistics states that website developers earn an average wage of $78,300 annually.
10. Computer Engineer
Before you can apply to be a computer engineer, you must possess an educational qualification like a high school graduation certificate and a bachelor of science degree in information technology, computer engineering, or software engineering.
Job Duties Of A Computer Engineer
- Computer engineers manufacture, design, and regularly inspect the software applications used by employees in a firm.
- Computer engineers have a firm understanding of how to upgrade hardware components like motherboards and routers.
Average Salary Of A Computer Engineer
In the United States, a computer engineer earns an average salary of $92,000 annually, and entry-level employees earn an average salary of $50,000 annually.
11. Information Security Analyst
The educational qualifications required of an information security analyst is a bachelor of science degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or mathematics.
A working experience in a relevant computer science firm and a high school graduation certificate is also required.
Duties Of An Information Security Analyst
- Ensure that all attempts of security breaches and network attacks are detected and disoriented.
- Detect system and network vulnerabilities and do something to improve the performance of the particular computer system.
- Stay updated on information technology security’s latest trends.
- Install software that enhances protection and security measures for computer networks.
Average Salary Of An Information Security Analyst
The salary compensation that the 25th percentile information security analysts earn is $77,000, and the 75th percentile earns about an average of $122,500 annually.
The pediatric medicine specialist is responsible for administering medical care to children, teenagers and sometimes young adults.
Before an individual is allowed to practice as a paediatrician, he/she must have completed a medical residency program under the pediatric medicine speciality. He or she must possess a bachelor of science and associate degree in pediatric medicine.
Job Duties Of A Pediatrician
- The paediatrician keeps medical records of children under their care to track their response to treatment.
- Conducting laboratory tests on patients in order to diagnose early infections or diseases and plan treatment procedures.
Average Salary Of A Pediatrician
The paediatrician makes an average satisfactory salary of about $200,000 annually.
13. Industrial Engineering
The educational qualifications required of an industrial engineer are a bachelor of science degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering or engineering in general.
Job Duties Of An Industrial Engineer
- Brainstorm improvement ideas for projects that are being managed.
- Design products regarding the necessary specifications.
- Design quality, efficient products that meet a consumer’s requirements and needs.
- Ensure to plan the cost of a project with your teammates before going ahead to design a product.
Average Salary Of An Industrial Engineer
The industrial engineering professional earns about $92,660 on an average scale in the United States, and this is according to the Bureau of labour statistics.
14. Cyber Security Analyst
The educational qualifications required of a cyber security analyst are a bachelor of science degree in computer science, cyber security, information technology, or computer engineering.
A working experience in a relevant computer science firm and a high school graduation certificate is also required.
Job Duties Of A Cyber Security Analyst
- You are responsible for developing contingency strategies.
- Detect suspicious malware activities and report the security breaches you have detected.
- Educate other employees of the firm on how to protect their computer networks to avoid cyber attacks.
Average Salary Of A Cyber Security Analyst
Due to the post-graduate job market, growth possibility, and satisfactory salaries earned, the United States news report clearly states that the cyber security analyst career job is ranked top 10 among the 40 Best Careers In STEM In 2023.
According to the Bureau of labour statistics, these professionals’ average salary is $113,270 annually and $54.46 hourly.
15. Environmental Engineering
The educational requirements that qualify an individual to practice as an environmental engineer are a high school graduation certificate and a bachelor of science degree in environmental engineering, civil engineering, or chemical engineering.
Job Duties Of An Environmental Engineer
- Ensure to test a construction site’s water, air and soil composition before any building is constructed.
- Develop efficient procedures for cleaning up contaminated water supply systems.
- Manage projects which would serve to protect the environment from hazards and pollution.
Average Salary Of An Environmental Engineer
On an average scale, environment engineers in the United States earn about $98,820, according to the Bureau of labour statistics.
16. Marine Engineer
The educational requirements that qualify an individual to practice as a marine engineer are a high school graduation certificate and a bachelor of science degree in naval architecture, marine engineering, naval engineering or ocean engineering.
The Job Duties Of Marine Engineer
- Take adequate care and maintain all kinds of marine apparatus used for work purposes.
- Before marine equipment is used, perform performance testing on all the equipment to ensure they are working appropriately and meeting the engineering firm’s quality control standards.
Average Salary Of A Marine Engineer
Marine engineers in the United States earn an average salary compensation of $93,370 annually.
Based on some variations, though, the salary of marine engineers ranges from $62,610 – $148,000.
17. Mechanical Engineer
The educational qualification required of a mechanical engineer is a bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering.
A working experience in a relevant mechanical engineering firm is an asset, and a high school graduation certificate is also required.
Job Duties Of A Mechanical Engineer
- They build mechanical components that meet a user’s needs and requirements.
- They are responsible for all the well-functioning instruments, engines, control systems, machinery, and robots that we use in 2023.
Average Salary Of A Mechanical Engineer
The average salary of a STEM career in mechanical engineering in the US is $77,074 annually.
Most orthodontists work independently, and some work in private offices.
Completing at least four years of the dental education program and board certification can grant you the chance to practice as an orthodontist.
Job Duties Of An Orthodontist
- Administer diagnosis and treatment procedures to patients who have jaw or tooth abnormalities.
- An Orthodontist is responsible for straightening twisted or crooked teeth by suggesting braces, removable retainers or clear tooth aligners.
Average Salary Of An Orthodontist
The average salary of an orthodontist based on the United States News state that they earn within the range of $300,000 – $400,000 annually.
This automatically puts the orthodontic specialists in the top 5 among the 40 best STEM careers in STEM in 2023.
19. Database Administrator
The database administrator is an information technology specialist who works in a special office within the organisation he or she works for.
They work with computers and also software systems on a day-to-day basis.
Job Duties Of A Database Administrator
- The database administrator is tasked to manage every permission, entry/access to the organisation’s database.
- All databases must meet the needs of users
- Implement backup strategies just Incase of a network hazard
Average Salary Earned By Database Administrators
The database administrator’s annual salary in the United States is $140,921
20. Chemical Engineer
The Job Responsibilities Of Chemical Engineers
- You are assigned to handle the chemical aspect of a production process.
- Ensure that before the production commences, you have checked the toxicity, usability, stability, quality, weight, and temperature of the chemicals that are to be used.
- While working with your teammates, remember to regard the safety policies, precautions and standards of the engineering industry you work for.
Average Salary Of A Chemical Engineer
The average salary of a STEM career in chemical engineering in the US is $94,292 annually.
21. Nuclear Engineer
The Job Responsibilities Of A Nuclear Engineer
- The nuclear engineer conducts research to determine the best ways to optimise and manage nuclear power.
- They develop components and systems that utilise nuclear energy
- All safety precautions regarding nuclear engineering are created and implemented by nuclear engineers.
Average Salary Of the STEM Career Job, Nuclear Engineering
The average salary of a STEM career job in nuclear engineering in the US ranges between $67,000 – $147,000 annually and $47.92 hourly.
22. Information Technology Manager
Job Duties Of An Information Technology Manager
- Check out the organisation’s database and web network security regularly.
- Detect and fix IT abnormalities.
- As the IT manager, you are responsible for coming up with work ethics and IT policies and implementing practical guidelines for the organisation’s best interest.
Average Salary Of the Information Technology Manager In 2023
Information technologists earn an average of $139,000 annually.
The Job Duties Of A Geologist
- Plan and manage geological projects
- Study and analyse all geological data and mineral samples you have successfully gathered.
- Create geologically featured maps
- Test the formation of all rocks found during fieldwork
Average Salary Of A Geologist
Including all overtime payments, employee bonus payments, and tips, an experienced geologist earns an average of at least $80,000 annually.
All aspiring statisticians require educational qualifications such as a bachelor of science and PhD degree in statistics, survey methodology, or mathematical methods and statistics.
Job Duties Of A Statistician
- The Statistician applies methods of statistics to analyse complex data.
- They come up with the best ways to gather and manage data in computer systems and software.
Average Salary Of The STEM Career Job, Statistician
According to ZipRecruiter, a statistician expects to earn at least $70,000 annually.
Job Duties Of A Physician
- Works directly with patients to provide medical care to them
- Conduct physical examinations to check the current health condition of a patient
- Conduct laboratory tests to diagnose patients, analyse their test results and prescribe medications for wellness.
Average Salary Of A Physician
Physicians usually earn large in the US.
They earn depending on their Specialities. For example, a neurosurgeon physician earns an average salary of at least$700,00 annually.
26. Petroleum Engineer
All aspiring petroleum engineers require educational qualifications such as a bachelor of science and a PhD degree in gas and petroleum engineering sciences. A secondary school certificate is required as well.
Job Duties Of A Petroleum Engineer
- Travel offshore with your teammates to extract gas, petroleum and oil for underground reservoirs.
- Develop efficient blueprints for the oil and gas extraction process.
- Understand how to insert water, steam, gas or chemicals into oil and gas reservoirs to exert pressure and make more of it come out.
Average Salary Of A Petroleum Engineer
The petroleum engineer’s average salary compensation is at least $90,000 per year, depending on engineering companies.
Job Duties Of A Dermatologist
- Conduct physical examinations to check the current skin condition of a patient.
- Keep an accurate medical record of a patient’s skin allergies and response to treatment.
- Administer treatment procedures and prescribe effective medications for your patient’s skin conditions.
Average Salary Of A Dermatologist
In the United States, the dermatologist’s salary range falls within $320,700 – $435,700. They earn an average salary of $373,400 every year.
28. Civil Engineer
A Civil Engineer Job Duties
- They are responsible for all the well-functioning railroads, sewage systems, tunnels and dams, water distribution systems, and bridges that we will use in 2023.
- They construct and maintain components that meet the public’s needs and requirements.
Average Salary Of A Civil Engineer
The average salary of a STEM career job in civil engineering in the US is $87,748 annually.
A Gynecologist’s Job Duties
- Provide prenatal, antenatal and postnatal medical care and physical examinations for your pregnant patient.
- Provide advice regarding pregnancies in order to keep patients from worrying too much.
- Treat all cancers, infections, or diseases of the fallopian tube, pelvic floor, cervix, womb, vagina, and ovaries.
Average Salary Of A Gynecologist
On an average scale, the gynaecologist earns $300,000 annually in the United States Of America.
Job Duties Of A Dentist
- Perform surgeries on the teeth of patients whenever required.
- Provide medical advice and treatments to patients suffering from toothaches, infections or decay.
- Call an anesthesiologist to orally sedate the patient before surgery commences.
Average Salary Of A Dentist
The average salary compensation offered to dentists as of 2023 May 1st in the United States is $200,000 annually.
Job Duties Of A Cardiologist
- Perform early detection laboratory tests on patients to diagnose possible heart diseases.
- Prescribe medications and ensure that patients follow through with accurate treatment procedures to enhance/boost their cardiovascular health.
Average Salary Of A Cardiologist
The average salary of a junior-level invasive cardiovascular specialist in the USA is $289,711 annually, and the average salary of a senior-level invasive cardiology specialist is $622,629 annually.
Job Duties A Gastroenterologist
- Manage all diseases of the gastrointestinal tract of your patients.
- Patients suffering from ailments such as colitis and hepatitis are to be provided effective medical care and medical advice.
Average Salary Of A Gastroenterologist
The average salary compensation earned by gastroenterologists yearly is $408,927 statistically.
The psychologist requires a secondary school graduation certificate and an associate/bachelor of science degree in psychology before being allowed to practice in the psychology medical department.
Job Duties Of A Psychologist
The psychologist is responsible for examining, observing, interviewing and administering healthcare procedures and medications to mentally deteriorated patients.
Average Salary Of A Psychologist
According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics, psychologists in the US earn an average of $81,040 annually.
The optometrist requires a secondary school graduation certificate and an associate/bachelor of science degree in optometry before being allowed to practice in the eye care medical department.
Job Duties Of An Optometrist
The optometrist is responsible for examining the eye, inspecting, communicating with patients and administering healthcare procedures/medications/lens prescriptions to patients with visual impairments.
The Average Salary Of An Optometrist
Salary.com statistically states that an optometrist in us earns an average salary of $137,373 annually.
35. Software Developer
Job Duties Of A Software Developer
- Troubleshoot, debug and assist in upgrading an organisation’s software components and running performance tests to ensure proper function.
- Create very proficient codes based on the specifications given.
- The software developer will gather and evaluate all the user feedback on the developed software.
The average software developer salary in the United States is $88,381 for entry-level employees and about $110,000 for senior-level software developers.
36. Computer System Analyst
Job Duties Of A Computer System Analyst
- The computer system analyst is responsible for creating great ideas to enhance the efficiency and performance of computer systems.
- They prepare manuals that computer engineers can use as guides when constructing a computer system.
The Average Salary Of A Computer System Analyst
The salary of computer system analysts in the united states ranges from $55,000 – $89,000.
37. Data Scientist
A Data Scientist’s Job Duties
- Develop strategies to publicise data in a very clear and concise manner.
- Gather raw data from different data sources and store it in a format that can be understood.
- Make use of statistical analysis and methodologies to interpret complex forms of raw data.
Average Salary Of A Data Scientist
As of 2023, a data scientist in the United States earns an average of $103,946. This salary compensation could be lower or higher depending on different variations.
The Job Duties Of An Actuary
- An actuary works directly with clients and provides financial risk preventive measures in order to save their clients’ businesses.
- An actuary communicates to clients on possible consequences of financial risks.
- Predict potential risks that your client might incur and assist the client in making decisions pertaining to such liability.
The Average Salary Of An Actuary
Actuaries earn according to their years of experience. Entry-level actuaries earn about $84,000 yearly, while senior-level actuaries earn about an average of $130,000 annually.
39. Biomedical Engineering
A biomedical engineering bachelor of science degree is required before an individual can be employed or allowed to practice independently as a biomedical engineer.
Job Duties Of A Biomedical Engineer
- Biomedical engineers design medical devices and equipment used by medical care professionals in hospitals today, such as body part replacements, artificial organs, and technical devices for diagnosing patients.
Average Salary Of A Biomedical Engineer
The biomedical engineer earns an average salary of $90,888 annually in the United States.
40. Plant Science And Biotechnology
Job Duties Of A Plant Science And Biotechnologist
- Gather useful raw plant species and optimise them for medicinal purposes.
- Genetically modify plants to develop them for beneficial purposes
- Develop strategies to improve the growth and quality of plant species
Average Salary Of A Plant Scientist
The salary of these scientists ranges between $60,101 and $89,901 annually in the United States, and they earn an average of $72,801 annually.
The STEM career job category is limited only to individuals who are scientifically, technically, engineering, or mathematically competent/intelligent/proficient and inclined; professional courses such as law, humanities, mass communication, and financial accounting are not a part of the STEM career job categories.
Also, it is only the completion of at least 4 or 5 years of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering And Mathematics) educational programs and the acquisition of STEM skills/expertise that can serve as a window of opportunity to have access to lucrative professional employment in STEM disciplines such as the ones listed in this blog post.
What Is The Highest-Paying STEM Major?
The highest salaries were earned in STEM majors – science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. The report said those in theology, social services, and various educational services were among the lowest.
What Is The Highest-Paid Science Field?
Physicist. According to the median salary, the highest-paid scientist is a physicist. Physicists study the properties of matter, energy, and time.
What Is Your STEM Profession?
STEM means Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math, so STEM careers require science, technology, engineering, and math knowledge. STEM skills are in high demand by employers and can lead you into careers such as video game designer, civil engineers, computer programmers, architects, and more.
What Is The Lowest-Paid STEM Career?
However, not all STEM fields pay great, to begin with, with three paying $40,000 or less (animal science, ecology, and zoology), placing them among the lowest paying in the company. But at mid-career, only one STEM major pays less than $70,000: Nutrition Sciences.
Which Field Is More In Demand?
According to research, the 10 most in-demand job profiles in 2023 will include Data Scientists. Data analyst. Blockchain Engineer.
What Is A STEM Course In The U.K.?
STEM means Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and includes various subjects and specializations under these 4 disciplines. If any of these subjects interest you, a STEM education in the U.K. is the perfect choice.
Which Country Has The Highest Salary In The World?
The world’s highest income is earned in Monaco, and the smallest budget per capita exists in Afghanistan. In our comparison of over 69 countries, the U.S. ranks 7th with an average income of $70,930. The average income is calculated from the gross national income and the number of inhabitants.
Which Type Of Engineer Makes The Least Money?
Lowest Payments: Environmental, Geological, Civil and Biological Engineering
What Degree Has The Lowest Salary?
The lowest-paying college majors are in fields such as theology, social services, performing arts, education, leisure, and hospitality.
What Is The Lowest Salary For Computer Science?
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports the average annual salary for computer scientists as $131,490, with a range of $74,210 for the lowest-earning 10% and $208,000 for the highest-earning 10%.
- Bank Account Transfer Application (Top 15 Samples)
- 9 Sample Application For New Passbook
- 10+ Application For Remission Of Fine
- Top 5 Leadership Skills Required For 2030
- Application For School Leaving Certificate | How To Apply
Having reviewed so many different STEM career jobs, it is certainly possible that you may have found a particular profession among the 40 best STEM careers in 2023 listed in this blog post which suits your professional goals, interests, and desires and has an alignment with your individual working experience, expertise and qualities.
If you are satisfied with the average salary compensation of the STEM career job that caught your interest and can handle the job duties and responsibilities that come with it, then by all means, please have it and make some good earnings for yourself.