How Long does Doordash Background Check Take – Making extra cash from Doordash is a great idea because Doordash can pay pretty well sometimes.
So it only makes sense to find out how long the Doordash background check takes.
Keep reading this post and find out all you need to know about Doordash.
Article Road Map
- How Long Does Doordash Background Check Take?
- All About Doordash.
- Doordash Employment Qualification Criteria.
- How Can You Work With Doordash?
- What Does The Doordash Background Check Look For?
- What Can disqualify You From Working With Doordash?
- Doordash Anual background check
- Can You Check The Status Of Your Doordash Background Check?
- Does Doordash Do Pre-employment Checks?
- Can Doordash Hire Felons?
- What Can You Do If You Failed The Doordash Background Check?
How Long Does Doordash Background Check Take?
The Doordash screening process runs for 5 to 7 working days although it can be longer due to some circumstances.
Most people say it takes 5 to 10 business days to be approved. Expect your background check to stay longer, If you have lived and worked in many places.
The timeframe for a Doordash background check varies significantly depending on the city where you decided to apply as a Doordash driver.
There are more than 100 million people in the United States and there’s no centralized database for criminal records.
All About Doordash.
Doordash is a food servicing company based in San Francisco.
Doordash’s current market worth is over $10 billion and as years progress, it’s going to get bigger.
Legally it’s a business that gets returns every day because people cannot do without food.
Doordash is the leading online meal delivery service in America. It was established in June 2013.
Over the years, Doordash has opened more than 2000 branches in the US. It has created an avenue for customers to order food from any part of the US.
Doordash Employment Qualification Criteria.
To work with this reputable company, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- You must use a smartphone powered by an iOS or Android operating system.
- Applicants must register with their Social Security number to register.
- Applicant must own a car, motorcycle, scooter, or any other means of transportation required by the area.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license.
- All applicants must have a policy in place if they are going to use a motor vehicle to do the job.
- You must have a spotless driving history if you are going to use a car to work for Doordash.
- Consider yourself eligible for the role if you haven’t had any major offenses in the last 8 years such as a DUI or reckless driving.
- You must not have a significant criminal event in the past 3 years.
All these depend on the Doordash opening you are applying for. So ensure you check the Doordash employment requirement of the city you are applying to.
How Can You Work With Doordash?
Go through the Doordash app to discover if there is any vacancy in your area.
You would be notified as soon as delivery becomes available,
After delivering the item, you would be paid the minimum fare if your delivery is successful.
Update your location to show that you have arrived at the restaurant that needs your service.
When you deliver the package indicate on your Doordash app.
What Does The Doordash Background Check Look For?
Doordash’s background check goes through two main records.
- The applicant’s criminal record
- The applicant’s car history/driving record
Doordash searched for driving violations like speeding and accidents within the last 4 years as well as major criminal offenses within the last 8 years.
This background check also looks for drug offenses and checkmates if you have been on the national sex offender registry for the last 8 years.
These convictions can appear on your background check irrespective of if you were convicted.
However, go through your state’s background check requirements and know what Doordash will find.
What Can disqualify You From Working With Doordash?
The following offenses can disqualify you from working with this reputable company.
- Applicants with many minor driving violations in the last three years such as speeding tickets, accidents, driving without insurance and many more offenses would not be considered for the job.
- An applicant that has a DUI within the last 8 years
- Applicants who don’t pass a drug test wouldn’t be considered for the job.
- You wouldn’t be considered for the job If you have committed a drug offense within the last 8 years
- If you have committed a criminal offense within the last 8 years you wouldn’t be considered for the job.
- All applicants on the National Sex-Offended Registry within the last seven years wouldn’t be considered for the job.
Doordash Anual background check
Doordash runs annual background checks on its employees.
They do this to safeguard their community employees and clients from fraudsters drug users and other illegal activities involving some employees.
The process might not be pocket friendly. A Doordash background check costs $15 to $75 per person depending on the employer’s level of screening.
Can You Check The Status Of Your Doordash Background Check?
You can keep track of your Doordash background check by logging into the Checkr application portal.
These are 5 different phases below.
- Complete: this means you have submitted all the information Checkr needs for your Doordash background check.
- Pending: this means that your Doordash background check is still in progress.
- Clear: this means that you have passed the Doordash background check and you are eligible to work with Doordash.
- Consider: this means that there are some elements on your background that Doordash is thinking of waving out.
- Dispute: this means you are not eligible to work with Doordash. You can request your background details and debate them within 30 days
Does Doordash Do Pre-employment Checks?
Doordash is strict on work experience because it strengthens its workforce.
Doordash wants to check if you are reliable, hardworking, trustworthy, caring, and dedicated to your job.
Applicants need to complete an extensive background check in other to work with Doordash.
This further contributes to the safety of their customers as well as the strength of their business. In addition, Dooradsh also goes through the educational qualification of applicants.
Can Doordash Hire Felons?
Doordash can hire felons with minor criminal charges from a long time ago.
Major criminal offenses like assault or DUI charges would eliminate your chances of getting hired.
What Can You Do If You Failed The Doordash Background Check?
Unfortunately one cannot do much after a Doordash background check is completed.
However, you can debate it and ask for a rerun if you feel the results are not accurate.
Send a complaint to Checkr or call them on 844 824 3257 by using the Checkr application portal.
You would have to provide additional information for Checkr to rerun your background check. Furthermore, if the result comes out accurate, you would be redirected to a Doordash official.
This is the best thing you can do to overturn a declined Doordash application.
So ensure you review your Doordash background check carefully and ask for a rerun if you feel they are not accurate.
Nonetheless, you can always explore other side hustles that don’t require a background check.
You are now aware of the Doordash Background check through the post you have just read.
Join thousands of people to make extra cash by sending an application to Doordash today.
Did you find this piece helpful? If yes, tell us about it in the comment section.