The E-Volunteering program enables volunteers to gain valuable knowledge, expertise, professional skills, and technical know-how related to a career.
It also helps them expand their network, which is crucial as they transit to the global development sector.
As the name implies, they stand to gain all these remotely
They harness their skill off-field in a favorable condition that suits them.
E-Volunteering takes on roles like mentoring, advocacy, technological development, outreach, translation, editing, and writing.
It is essential to understand that the official language for the program is English, and it is not gender-specific; it is also open to women.
The program is also free, and intended to enable young talents to provide solutions that will profoundly impact society and the world.
Article Road Map
- Objective Of E-Volunteering In Development Practice
- Areas Of Impact By E-Volunteering In Development Practice
- Eligible Candidates To Apply For E-Volunteering In Development Practice
- Benefits Of E-Volunteering In Development Practice
- Important Dates In E-Volunteering in Development Practice
- Mode Of E-Volunteering In Development Practice
- Is Experience Needed In E-Volunteering In Development Practice
- Areas Of Specialization In E-Volunteering In Development Practice
Objective Of E-Volunteering In Development Practice
The E-volunteering program has goals. Some of these objectives include:
The E-volunteering program helps develop and drive the widespread adoption of a global set of minimum standards for responsible and impactful volunteering.
The E-Volunteer Program helps mobilize poor and disadvantaged groups to speak out and hold accountable holders accountable, monitor development progress and ensure policymakers consider their needs.
The E-volunteer program enhances the processes and effectiveness of 350 partner organizations and more than 4,000 professional volunteers to increase access to essential services for the poorest and most disadvantaged.
Areas Of Impact By E-Volunteering In Development Practice
There are areas where E-Volunteering has an impact on development practice. Some of these areas include:
- The E-volunteer program enables officials to drive important work in many areas of development. This integration process sees change happening at all levels to bring about real change for the poorest and most neglected in the world.
- The E-volunteering program supports VSO in placing expert volunteers to support projects in 23 countries around the globe.
- Social Inclusion And Gender Equality;
All E-volunteer programs have assertive social media outreach and gender analysis.
The E-Volunteering for development practice directly reduces social inclusion and gender disparity by addressing existing educational, health, and livelihood inequalities.
- Strengthen Resilience And Response To Problems;
Building resilience to shock and stress is essential to sustainable development in poverty. E-Volunteering for Development recruited 17 volunteer specialist volunteers to support programs worldwide in its first year.
It has also enabled us to respond to natural disasters and work with partners to build resilience and reduce disaster risk.
- Social Accountability And Citizen-Led Monitoring;
The E-Volunteering programs facilitate local ownership of development processes and build citizen-led accountability.
The e-Volunteering program for Development practice enabled 36 social accountability specialist volunteers to bring their expertise to programs worldwide.
- Thought Leadership On Volunteering In Development;
E-Volunteering programs have made it possible to develop and drive widespread acceptance of a set of low-level international volunteers across the rapidly growing but unregulated, developmental volunteer sector.
Eligible Candidates To Apply For E-Volunteering In Development Practice
Below are eligible candidates to apply for E-Volunteering in development practice:
- Qualified youth who want to enter the field of international development.
- Students with degrees in Peace and Conflict Studies, Disaster Management, Gender and Development, and other aspects of humanity.
- People with professional backgrounds are interested in developing their knowledge and skills.
- Innovative and middle-class professionals in humanitarian and development from emerging and developing countries who wish to share knowledge and expertise with others.
You may like: 5 Ways You Can Enhance Your Career Development
Benefits Of E-Volunteering In Development Practice
Here are the benefits of E-Volunteering in Development Practice:
- It confirms mastery of skill set and industry principles and best practices.
- It boosts your career confidence and expands your professional network.
- Participants gain an edge over many fully-funded scholarships offered by universities, foreign governments, and international organizations that support development-related studies.
- Participants receive a wide range of global development information from experienced professionals from Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), international organizations, coordinators, think tanks, and educational institutions.
- Participants become proficient in social impact surveys and data collection.
- Participants receive the IDR-authorized certificate of volunteering in development practice.
- In short, the program appeals to young professionals who want to use their education and skills to address disadvantaged people’s social and economic challenges and desire to participate in in-depth professional development experiences while using creative solutions to maximize impact.
- E-volunteer also provides an important opportunity for volunteers to acquire and improve their professional skills and knowledge and grow their network.
Important Dates In E-Volunteering in Development Practice
Below are important dates in E-Volunteering in development practice:
September 13, 2021
Opening of Application
September 26, 2021
Closing Of Application
September 27, 2021
A Notification to accepted candidates
September 27, 2021 – October 3, 2021:
• Registration of a group of volunteers in the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
• LinkedIn profile creation
• Ordinary visits of fellow volunteers
October 4, 2021:
Start of remote internship jobs
November 12, 2021:
End of program and deployment of volunteers in practice development
You may also like: Mental Health In Professional Services
Mode Of E-Volunteering In Development Practice
Participants are individuals working remotely in one or several of our practice areas.
They can work or study in their current positions and locations but will contact our team as volunteers.
Is Experience Needed In E-Volunteering In Development Practice
Only professional and intermediate professionals in the humanitarian and development field from developing countries who wish to share knowledge and expertise with others may apply for this program without previous experience.
Areas Of Specialization In E-Volunteering In Development Practice
There are different areas of specialization. Some of these areas include:
- Art and Design
- COVID-19 Response
- Community Organizing
- Data Analytics
- Event Organization
- Humanitarian Response
- Leadership and Strategy
- Outreach and Advocacy
- Program Implementation
- Project Development
- Safety and Security
- Social Media Management
- Surveys and Data Collection
- Teaching and Training
- Technology Development
- Writing and Editing
E-Volunteering is a modern substitute for Volunteering programs which have been a kick-off for global development careers.
Young talents must participate in this program as it can positively influence their career.