It is the dream of Nigerian graduates and undergraduates of tertiary institutions with accounting or banking and finance-related degrees to work In an establishment like CBN.
If you are a graduate of a higher institution and have been dreaming about working in that cool, comfortable, money-making office at the Central Bank Of Nigeria, then, this is the opportunity that you have been waiting for, as the central bank of Nigeria is currently recruiting staffs.
All you need to do is visit the website portal at www.cbn.gov.ng to find out the required credentials needed to get you into that dream position.
It is important for interested applicants to know that CBN is in charge of issuing legal tender currency in Nigeria, ensuring monetary and price stability, maintaining external reserves to safeguard the international value of the legal tender currency, It promotes the Nigerian financial systems.
Act as advisor to the federal government on economic and financial issues.
CBN is charged by the Federal Republic of Nigeria with overall administration and control of monetary and financial sector policies of the Federal Government.
Consequently charged with the responsibility of administering the Banks and Other Financial Institution (BOFI) Acts (1991) as amended, with the topmost aim of ensuring high-level standards of banking traditions and financial stability through its surveillance activities as well as promotion of an efficient payment system.
CBN is an excellent establishment to work in because it gives one the opportunity to learn in one’s chosen field with an introduction to a world field with numerous opportunities.
Requirements For Application
- Be a graduate of the higher institution with either an OND, HND, or BSc.
- Have a good command of English.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Be computer literate, with excellent use of Excel and Microsoft word.
- Have at least a second class honors degree in accounting or banking and finance.
- Possess good analytical skills and the ability to pay strong attention to detail.
- Have an efficient work experience as an accountant and present CV.
- Provide medical fitness certificate.
- NYSC discharge certificate is compulsory.
- Applicants should have knowledge of account regulation and procedures, as well as the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Provide two passport photographs, O’level credits in three (3) subjects including Mathematics and English.
ACA, ANAN, ACCA, CPA, etc also come in handy.
- Phone number and an active email address.
Visit cbn.gov.ng for application steps.
Requirements should be coherent and not forged. Credentials should be uploaded on the portal accurately.
Eligible applicants should visit the portal regularly for updates. Ensure that your credentials are accurate, read and understand requirements before uploading required information.
Subsequently, information would be sent to your mailbox if you meet the required standards.
Examination dates would be uploaded on the portal, applicants should ensure to check the mailbox and portal regularly for every update needed to proceed.
Visiting the website regularly would provide applicants with every needed information to put them through from the application stage through to the recruitment stage.