You can start your undergraduate studies in the United States because the Clark University First-Year Scholarship Program is now open.
In 1887, Clark University was established as the first the only graduate-only university in the nation.
For international students, the Clark University Scholarships 2022–2023 are fully financed undergraduate awards.
You are qualified for scholarships if you are an international high school student to reduce the expense of your undergraduate studies at Clark University.
For four years, this scholarship program offers awards between $15,000 and $25,000, subject to the student maintaining the required GPA.
In addition to other criteria, your academic achievements determine whether you are eligible for scholarships.
Keep reading this article for details regarding Clark University scholarships for international students in 2022 and other related information.
Article Road Map
- Clark University First Year Scholarship Benefits
- Eligibility Criteria for Clark University Scholarship
- How to Apply for Clark University Scholarship
- Clark University Scholarships For International Students
Clark University First Year Scholarship Benefits
The following advantages are offered to the recipient by the Clark Global Scholarship Program:
- If accepted into the Global Scholars Program, you’ll get a $15,000–$25,000 scholarship each year, for four years, contingent upon meeting academic standards for renewal.
- You may be qualified for up to an extra $5,000 in need-based financial help if your financial need exceeds the amount of the Global Scholars grant.
Eligibility Criteria for Clark University Scholarship
Candidates must fulfill the requirements listed below to be eligible for the Clark Global Scholarship Program:
- You must be able to speak and write the English language.
- All nations in the world are eligible.
- You must be a first-year candidate and not a transfer student who has studied abroad for at least four years to qualify. Clark will also take into account foreign students attending American schools.
- You have to have shown that you are dedicated to changing the world and have the potential to exercise leadership in your neighborhood and throughout the globe.
- You must exhibit strong academic performance as well as other endeavors.
Scholarship eligibility is determined by academic standing, however, overseas students who might be eligible for scholarships must still exhibit the ability to pay a large portion of their education’s cost.
Students who want to be considered for the Global Scholars Program or the Presidential LEEP Scholarship fall under this category.
How to Apply for Clark University Scholarship
To apply for the Clark Global Scholarship Program, follow the steps below:
- To begin, you must first register for an account.
- Fill out the Financial Aid Profile form provided by College Scholarship Service (CSS).
- Before the deadline, complete and submit the CSS/Financial Aid Profile.
- You will then get comprehensive instructions on how to apply for the scholarship, along with the subject of the brief essay.
Clark University Scholarships For International Students
If you are an overseas applicant for the first year of your undergraduate program, then you’re qualified for Clark University’s merit scholarships.
Your application for admission will be automatically reviewed for several merit scholarships.
Most of the merit scholarships do not require a separate application, excluding the Presidential Scholarship.
Scholarship eligibility is determined by academic standing as stated on the application for admission, and not by financial need.
International students, including those who could be eligible for scholarships, must nonetheless show that they have the financial means to pay for a sizable portion of their education.
Even students who want to be considered for the Presidential Scholarship are included in this. The average number of foreign students at Clark pays $40,000 annually.
When you get your admissions, you will be informed if you have been given a merit scholarship.
The Clark University merit scholarships for incoming first-year international students include:
1. Private Scholarships
At Clark University, you can be qualified for extra scholarships granted by regional, state, and federal organizations as an international student.
You must give written notice to the Clark University Office of Financial Assistance if you do accept a private award.
Private scholarships are regarded as a component of your financial aid.
- Saint Martin’s University Washington USA Undergraduate Academic Merit Scholarships 2022
- Chatham University Pennsylvania USA Rachel Carson Scholarship: Full Tuition Annually 2023
2. Richard Traina Scholarship
The Richard P. Traina Scholarship, one of Clark University’s most prestigious awards and scholarships, is established in honor of the late university president, who believed that listening, learning, and connecting could create a better world.
Richard P. Traina Scholarship is awarded to new students who have demonstrated steadfast dedication to leadership, academics, and community service.
No matter how much money their family needs, eligible students will get an $80,000 four-year prize, which is $20,000 annually, providing they fulfill the standards for year-to-year continuation.
3. Robert Goddard Scholarship
Robert Goddard Scholarship is awarded to incoming students who have shown a strong academic aptitude for success in meaningful initiatives both within and beyond the classroom.
It’s named in honor of Robert H. Goddard, a graduate of Clark University, a member of the faculty, and the father of modern rocketry, whose daring approach to education foresaw and anticipated a future world.
No matter how much money their family needs, eligible students will receive a $68,000 four-year grant, which is $17,000 annually, providing they fulfill the standards for year-to-year continuation.
4. Jonas Clark Scholarship
Jonas Clark Scholarship is awarded to new students who have demonstrated the ability to question authority and transform the world.
Named in honor of the founder, Jonas Clark, who aimed to promote a teaching style that would produce independent-minded and fearless learners and global citizens.
No matter how much money their family needs, eligible students will receive a $56,000 four-year grant, which is $14,000 annually, providing they fulfill the standards for year-to-year continuation.
5. Presidential Scholarships
The Presidential Scholarship is a prestigious prize given to about five students each year whose academic record and leadership potential place them at the top of Clark’s applicant pool.
Regardless of a family’s financial situation, all four years of full tuition, on-campus housing, and meals are provided.
Scholarship recipients who submit their applications for funding after December 1 but before February 1 will be informed of their status in March.
A student must fulfill the year-to-year continuation requirements listed in their acceptance and awards letter to keep their scholarship.
If you are interested in the Presidential Scholarship, simply check that option when you submit a Coalition Application or Common Application while using Scoir.
After that, you’ll get comprehensive instructions on how to apply for the scholarship, along with the subjects for the two brief essays.
For candidates in the Early Action, Early Decision, and Regular Decision categories, the last day to turn in the essays is February 1.
If a student is chosen for an interview, they will be notified in March.
Finalists are selected by the Admissions Committee based on the quality of their admissions applications and other criteria the committee has established.
The committee interviews finalists after reviewing more than 450 scholarship applications from the United States and other countries.
Of those interviewed, some will be given a scholarship and join the incoming class. This award is often given out to one or two international students each year.
With Clark University’s first-year scholarships, international students have the chance to study in Massachusetts, USA for four years.
The deadline for Clark University’s first-year scholarships in 2022 is November 15, 2022.