Website You Centred Consulting
You Centred Consulting is a skills development and HR consulting firm that focuses on small and medium enterprises, we cater to their internal and external needs thereby empowering them to focus on their core services.
Our clients in the Real Estate Sector is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Structural Engineer
- We are looking to hire a structural engineer with excellent mathematical, IT, and analytical skills. Structural engineers are expected to be detail-oriented, creative, and possess amazing problem-solving skills.
- To ensure success, structural engineers should display an investigative nature and must be accurate, commercially aware, and have great communication skills with a keen interest in ensuring the safety and physical integrity of buildings and other large structures. Top candidates will have a fantastic project and budget management skills with great knowledge of construction processes, materials, and legal regulations.
- Prepare reports, designs, and drawings.
- Mentor Civil Engineers and facilitate a holistic understanding as to the scope and plan for projects
- Work closely with building department within the company to ensure hardware is available for projects and working properly
- Define clear goals for all aspects of a project and develop steps for their proper execution
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope involved
- Account for possible project challenges or constraints and proactively seek to manage challenges
- Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Make calculations about pressures, loads, and stresses.
- Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately.
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction.
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval.
- Analyze configurations of the basic components of a structure.
- Liaise with professional staff such as architects and engineers.
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness.
- Administer contracts and manage projects.
- Inspect properties to evaluate the conditions and foundations.
- Use computer-aided design technology for simulation purposes.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (essential).
- 7-10 years of work experience as a structural engineer (essential).
- Professionally registered with the Institute of structural engineers.
- Expert experience in project management.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials, and legal regulations.
- Sound understanding of physics and mathematics.
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
- Three-dimensional conceptual skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
Application Closing Date
10th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com