New Incentives is a non-governmental organization that operates in Nigeria, running a conditional cash transfer program. They aim to increase infantile vaccination through cash transfers, raising public awareness and reducing the frequency of vaccine stockout.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Stakeholder Relations Officer
Locations: Sokoto, Zamfara and Katsina
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Stakeholder Relation
- The Stakeholder Officer is responsible for supporting the initiation and coordination of strategic relationships and partnerships with communities/settlements, health professionals, local government, community service organisations and other relevant stakeholders to improve the program.
- The role will also entail advocating and promoting the awareness of the organization.
Advocacy to improve coverage (30%):
- Develop opportunities to engage religious and community leaders in order to create goodwill for the study and intervention of ABAE
- Create of avenues to engage Fathers and Mothers in settlements
- Engage in strengthening relationships with key government, religious, NGO and INGO partners of ABAE
- Take prompt action to resolve supply-side issues as well and provide advance warning about any other potential issues.
- Assist in the organizing of events to raise awareness about the ABAE intervention
- Increase awareness of SERICC and promote NI / ABAE Initiative in SERICC
- Promote the goals and objectives of ABAE during meetings
- Engage partners and build networks
- Improve of positive perception of CCT in order to improve access
- Create awareness and coverage of the CCT
- Maintain good relationships with staff at the Ministry and Primary Health Care Dev Agency in the State
- Build relationships to facilitate engagements with stakeholders even up to the Governor’s office
Security Awareness (5%):
- Report all security incidents in areas of operations including incidents that do not directly affect staff and/or operations
- Take responsibility for personal safety and the safety of team members as applicable on the field
- Read and understand all Security documents on the context of operations including SOPs and Country Security Plan
Other duties/Special Projects (5%):
- Other requests that may be assigned by Management.
Education and Work Experience:
- HND, B.Sc or equivalent
- Professional qualifications in the NGO sector will be advantageous.
- 1 – 3 years relevant experience (preferably in an NGO).
Skills and Competencies:
- Nigerian national already based in the states targeted for this position.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree, preferably in the field of health or other natural sciences
- Experience with the Nigerian health system and clinic documentation, particularly related to infant health and vaccinations
- Passion to help others and reduce infant mortality
- Very good communication and writing skills, English, Hausa and dialects (verbal and written)
- Excellent responsiveness to email and phone requests
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel, internet browsers, smartphones and new communications technology in general
- Motivation to work in a young organization that is constantly changing based on stakeholder feedback and operates with a lean structure
- Proficiency in English Language (conversation, reading and writing) is required
- Knowledge of Hausa Language (conversation and reading) is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2022.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.