Enough is Enough (EiE) Nigeria (aka The EiE Project) was set up as the next step from two citizens’ protests in 2010 on our missing President, killings in Jos & fuel scarcity – March 16 protest to the National Assembly & April 13 protest to the Lagos State Governor.
Based on the mobilization done for the protests, it started as a loose network of individuals and organizations committed to changing the dynamics of accountability to citizens by public officials.
The protests were organized primarily via email, SMS, Twitter, Blackberry Messenger and Facebook. It was the beginning of what would be EiE’s heavy reliance on technology as a tool of education, engagement and mobilization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an astute procurement officer to oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The procurement officer’s responsibilities include supervising staff, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
- To be successful as a procurement officer you should have an analytical mind and keep up with product and service trends. Ultimately, a top procurement officer should be able to negotiate well and ensure that all purchases comply with company standards.
- Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- High School Diploma / GED.
- Degree in accounting, business management or a similar field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as a procurement officer or in a similar position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Supervisory and
N100,000 – N120,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
8th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org