South Africa's #1 recruitment specialist.
Black Pen Recruitment is a division of Black Pen Global. Based in Cape Town, it is a 100% female owned company.
Our team consists of highly skilled multinational recruitment consultants from around the world, providing you with the best recruitment services from the southern tip of Africa.
Black Pen is South Africa’s No.1 recruitment consultancy firm for FinTech, iGaming and Foreign Language Recruitment of the BPO Industry.
Our client is an American-based company that is expanding globally by being one of the first movers to bring cryptocurrency to Africa and the Middle East at large. Their mission is to make cryptocurrency/blockchain and other FinTech services more accessible, and affordable, than ever before. Our client’s vision strives to form a committed team of forward-thinkers who collectively create a supportive, welcoming and highly innovative environment for all.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Crime & Law Enforcement Specialist (FinTech / Cryptocurrency)
Job Type: Remote | Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
- Analyse, prepare and perform risk evaluation to prevent financial crime, including fraud and other related typologies.
- Review accounts and transactions for potentially fraudulent activity and take quick, decisive action
- Review, investigate and respond to requests from law enforcement, regulators and financial institutions
- Proactively identify, monitor and report financial crime patterns with insightful MIS and dashboard reporting
- Identify areas of improvement in the company’s products to ensure their continued customer security.
- Actively participate in improving internal procedures and processes linked to Compliance Risk, Financial Crime, Fraud, Payments and AML.
- Work alongside the internal teams on the development and upgrade of financial crime and fraud related detection/prevention tools and mechanisms
- Creation and implementation of the procedures for Financial Crime prevention enhanced due diligence checks (EDD), monitoring, reporting and management.
- Maintain detailed logs of incidents and prepare regular and ad-hoc management and regulatory reports.
- Provide investigative support for Financial Crime and other related forensic investigations and reporting requirements.
- University Degree from a recognized tertiary institution
- +5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Forensic investigations, CFE, CAMS, ACFS certification advantageous
- Financial services, online payments, ,e- commerce and mobile wallet experience and monitoring required
- Experience in fintech/cryptocurrency is required
- Attention to detail, strong sense of responsibility and very high level of integrity
- Ability to take charge in critical situations and work on resolving problems
- Fluent in English
- Fluency in French advantageous
- Enhanced knowledge of Financial Crime, AML and STR/SAR directives.
- Proficient in Monitoring systems and rules tuning
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work across all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of forecasting and KPIs
- Build, mentor and manage a team
- Results driven, ability to work under pressure with a high degree of independence and focus
Salary + Benefits.
Application Closing Date
To apply for this job please visit blackpenrecruitment.zohorecruit.com.