Enough is Enough (EiE) Nigeria (aka The EiE Project) was set up as the next step from two citizens’ protests in 2010 on our missing President, killings in Jos & fuel scarcity – March 16 protest to the National Assembly & April 13 protest to the Lagos State Governor.
Based on the mobilization done for the protests, it started as a loose network of individuals and organizations committed to changing the dynamics of accountability to citizens by public officials.
The protests were organized primarily via email, SMS, Twitter, Blackberry Messenger and Facebook. It was the beginning of what would be EiE’s heavy reliance on technology as a tool of education, engagement and mobilization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
Employment Type: Full-time
- A professional Database Administrator (DBA) will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7.
- The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
Requirements and Skills
- B.Sc Degree in a Computer discipline or relevant certification
- 1 – 3 years work experience
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.
N80,000 – N90,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
20th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com