United Bank for Africa (UBA) is Africa’s Global bank with a rich history spanning over seven decades. The bank which is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, is one of the most recognised financial institutions to originate from Sub-Saharan Africa with thriving operations in 20 African countries – Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d’lvoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda and Zambia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Analyst
Employment Type: Permanent
- Manage treasury relationship with Group Finance.
- Preparation of monthly liquidity projections and analysis for subsidiaries.
- Monitor the intragroup funding and capital requests, including pricing and tax concerns.
- Provide leadership in the execution, management and reporting of short and long-term strategic financial objectives for the Bank’s African Subsidiaries.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions in the subsidiaries.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities in the subsidiaries.
- Evaluate and advise Executive Management on the impact of long-range planning, the introduction of new strategies and regulatory actions in the Subsidiaries.
- Ensure that the people, technology, policies and process in all the Financial Control Functions in African Subsidiaries are in line with the approved Group Finance Governance Policy.
- Manage the processes of financial forecasting, budget consolidation and reporting in the subsidiaries.
- Manage the Financial and Regulatory Audit for African Subsidiaries.
- Proactively lead the development and implementation of comprehensive and sustainable cost optimization initiatives for the African Subsidiaries.
- Ensure that all subsidiaries develop a robust MIS reporting framework to drive business performance.
- Standardize business performance reporting across all subsidiaries.
- Develop subsidiary capacity to provide insights to drive the business.
- Engender the credibility of Subsidiary Finance Teams by ensuring timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts for the Executive management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field
- Masters’ Degree or a professional qualification will be an advantage
- 4-8 years experience in finance and cost management in the banking industry.
- Our ideal candidate must have good knowledge of Business and Financial Analysis, Performance Management, and a good understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Business and financial analysis
- Performance management
- Excellent interpretation of the bank’s aspirations into measurable details.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment
- Excellent oral and communications skill
- Advanced interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Excellent listening skill
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
17th June, 2022.
To apply for this job please visit app.ismartrecruit.com.